UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • damac 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi,

We're moving over to Brisbane in about 3 months from the UK and was just wondering if our game stations ( PS2, PS3 and Nintendo wii ), PC and new Sony all singing and dancing TV would be compatible over there? Obviously i know that the pins on the plugs are different but i'm presuming that it would just be a case of buying new power leads??? Is that right? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Can't decide when to time your currency exchange transaction? Let OzForex help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Dave 
  • Site Admin 
  • Remote Users Avatar 
As far as I know, you're fine from the point of view of electricity supply.

The key question is whether your Sony all-singing etc. TV is multi-standard. Australia uses the PAL B/G standard used widely on Continental Europe (the UK uses Pal I). If your TV has the ability to switch between broadcast standards, then the chances are high that PAL B/G will be there somewhere.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!

You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Visit poster's website Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • peterj 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Your PC should be fine, based on the experience of using Aussie laptops in the UK. Can't say for certain, but based on older game consoles, they'll be fine too.

Aussie is shutting down analogue TV next year, so as long as your TV has a digital tuner I'd be surprised that it would have a problem. Even if it does, buying a cheap set top box will probably fix it.

Rather then replacing all your leads, you could bring a couple of power boards and just put an Aussie std plug on them.
Check out British Expat's business and travel eBooks on ErgoGuides.com!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
Need forex? OzForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.