Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum however i have been using it for the past couple of months to help with an application i recently submitted.
Applied about a month ago (at London) for a 309 defacto visa for my GF. I've already got a PR visa through skilled migration a few years.
Having receiving a case officer a couple of days after sending the application off, we then spent a week or so providing some additional relationship info. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the CO said that he would approve the visa and as we had front loaded the meds we were just waiting for the police check to come back. The PC came back and we send it off/received by CO end of April.
This is where I have a few questions:
1) what happens once the CO has all the information, do they process the application themselves or does it go into a sausage factory where someone else along with a thousand other applications are granted ?
2) Are visas granted on a monthly basis at the same time, i.e. April visa grants, May visa grants etc, or is it just down to when the CO processes it?
3) Once the visa has been granted and i receive the email, can i turn up at the london embassy to drop the passport off, or will they only accept post applications ?
4) Does my GF actually need the label or can we travel to Oz (obviously once the visa has been granted) without it and get a label over there?
5) Is it true that my GF could travel to Oz on ETA and just leave Oz prior to the visa being granted? obviously we would need to inform CO that we were going to Oz and that he would need to hold off the grant until we went to Bali, NZ or somewhere outside of Oz ?
On another note, my skilled migration visa is going to expire in a few months (planning on migrating to Oz ASAP) and as i'm not an Oz citizen i presume i will need to get a RRV if i want to leave for any reason. As i have not been living in Oz prior to an RRV request, i'm probably not going to be eligable for 5 year one. I am looking at work that may require some internation travel to Asia and therefore i would have issues in returning back to Oz. Does anyone know if they take into consideration jobs or say owning property etc or would i just need to keep applying for 3 month RRVs until i have been there fore 2 years.
Sorry for all the questions : ) hope people can help !