UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • daichip 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi
I am in a bit of a situation in that the accountancy agency completing my end of the year tax will not answer my emails. I think I have found another company to complete my books but they want my BULSTAT number. Where can I obtain this from,,,, the agency I purchased the house from is not option as theywill not reply to my emails either

Dene
Fixing up a house for sale? HouseWiz can help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Mr Kriss 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
This may sound a bit silly, but do you know your company name and registered address? If so, the registry agency should be able to tell you your bulstat number. Do you have any copies ofincoming invoices? Your Bulstat number should have been quoted on those too.

Did you make out a PoA for the purchase, and do you have a copy, as the Bulstat should be quoted on there as well.

Good luck
Chris Coffee at the 'puter
Join the British Expat lending team at Kiva: http://www.kiva.org/team/britishexpatcom

You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • daichip 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Thank you Mr Kriss, I looked through the documents I received from the agents when I purchased the house and found it. Im lucky I have been learning Bulgarian as I found it amongst the Bulgarian copy.

One last thing... will it be okay to give this number to an accountancy company to enable them to seek information regarding my tax affairs?

regards

dene
Fixing up a house for sale? HouseWiz can help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Milen 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
daichip,

do you mean to give them the Bulstat card, or just the Bulstat number?
When you registered the company, you should have received a Bulstat card - it is the card which identifies your company before banks, National Revenue Agency and other state authorities.

What do you mean by "to seek information regarding my tax affairs"? Is this accountancy company a Bulgarian one?
Worried about insuring your home abroad? British Expat has the answer!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • daichip 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi Milen thank you for the reply.

When we purchased the property we were no issued a BULSTAT card. Having looked through our documents I managed to find the BULSTAT number which was on a document written in Bulgarian, this is the only documentation we have which has this number on it.

The 'accountancy company' I have approached to take control of my end of the year tax, I believe is bulgrian, however they have a UK web site, but it is not up and running. I have asked them for their contact details in Bulgaria ie address, fax, web address etc etc, however they have not given it to me. At the moment they want my BULSTAT number so they can check to see what my taxes are in order for them to proceed.?!! Hope this makes a bit more sense than my last email.

Geraldene
Want to PM someone? You'll need to subscribe to British Expat.
  • Mark post as unread
  • Milen 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hello daichip,

in my opinion you should check the accountancy company before you authorize it to submit your company's annual tax statement to the National Revenue Agency.

The Bulstat number is a public number. Anyone could find it by only knowing your company's name. There are digitial databases available in Bulgaria.

My advice is to find a trustful accountancy company and meet it's representative. This will assure you that you won't be taken advantage of. The deadline for submiting anual tax statements is March 2008.

One more thing about the Bulstat. I presume that you have found the number written on the Temporary Bulstat certificate. It is a sheet of paper issued by the Registry Agency. The certificate is valid one month after its issuance. After the validity period expires you should go the the Registry Agency and return the certificate back. They will give you a plastic card which is a permanent replacement for the temporary certificate. This should be done no more than 5 days after the certificate expires. If you delay your company actions are subject to a fine: upto 1,000 Levs (approx. EUR 500).

[Self promotion removed. If you want to advertise your services on here, then please buy an advert.]

Cheers,
Milen
Follow British Expat on Twitter!
  • Mark post as unread
  • williamreid 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi
I to have not had a number and now the agency i bought the appartment from is asking €200 plus Notary Public fees they also say it has to be stamped by the foreign office more fees again probably €300 all in and this UK agency has been very dishonest all the way i dont trust them to do this properly it has been a nightmare all along and im leaking money to them bought 3 years ago and only finished now so dont know about fines and such anybody know a quick way forward i dont mind getting a Bulgarian solicitor it has to be cheaper
Follow British Expat on Twitter!
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.