UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • mandymoo 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hello everyone,

My partner and I will be relocating to Lethbridge Alberta, him as a mechanic and me as a service reception manager, we have both secured job offers and are waiting for the LMO at present.

My question is (well his really but he's at work!!!) does anyone know of how to find any mock papers for the mechanic exam, he's having kittens about it bless him and although really knows his stuff last time he sat an exam was about 20 odd years ago, so he just wants to know whats involved. Have looked on the trade secrets website and they give you the modules / relevant points for each etc however no practice ones, and we just wondered if there were any available.

Thanks guys

Amanda
Subscribe to British Expat today to get the most out of our great community.
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • mick10 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
You should contact the local Trade college where he will have to take his exam. They should have the Trade books that they use for the Apprentices/Training. At the end of each chapter ( brakes/fuel systems/steering,etc) there is a few multiple choice questions that you should know ( dont know if they will be on the test....).
This was for Ontario for the early 80s, but I know they just keep updating the books to stay current.
How long before you emigrate?, you could contact your employer and ask if there are any young mechanics/apprentices who got there licence in the last few years, they should have the books you would need to study, maybe they would be willing to send them to you in the UK for a few months?
good luck
mike
Fixing up a house for sale? HouseWiz can help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • mandymoo 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Thank you for replying Mick - will do Very Happy
Follow British Expat on Twitter!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • peter25 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi amanda

I recently sat the 310T truck and coach exam in Toronto.
It was not quite as bad as I thought it would be, but still bad enough.
I have access to some of the type of questions that may well be n the exam that your other half will be doing.
Its all multi choice and takes about 3hours? the pass mark is 70%.
You can let me know if this is any help.

Peter
Join British Expat on Facebook!
  • Mark post as unread
  • mandymoo 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
That would be great if you could, he really knows his stuff (manually !) but like I said the last time he sat an exam was 20 odd years ago!!! if you could e mail them that would be most appreciated!

ps how did you do in yours hope you passed!

Amanda
If you're going to buy or book online, please help British Expat by using our affiliate links!
  • Mark post as unread
  • peter25 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi amanda

I just passed on 70% but it still counts.
I will e-mail you the guy's name ect in Ontario who I have used to get work. He has a copy of the papers I used. I am just waiting for the work permit so We can get moving over there.Takes forever??
Worried about insuring your home abroad? British Expat has the answer!
  • Mark post as unread
  • Jenny1980 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
hi Amanda
how are you?
Im now in your 5 years ago boat. I need help for my boyfriend to get his 310 T license, can you help me? any help is much appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Jennifer
Read the British newspapers online!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • ottmech 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Jennifer

I am in the same, boat too, struggling to get over 70 pecent have gotten 68 twice and then 69..... have u any luck and study papers or anthing? for the truck and coach exam?
thanks
kevin
Visit Not Delia for recipes, food news and reviews!
  • Mark post as unread
  • dpower 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi Amanda

My name is Dwayne.
I saw your conversation with Peter on this forum about the Ontario CFQ Truck and Coach Technician exam that your husband was about to take.
PS. hope he passed?

I'm about to write the Ontario CFQ exam and studying my butt off so that can pass it the first time. I know it's not easy and most fail it the first time.
I was wondering if you have any test questions and answers you could E-mail my way to dpowerxxx@gmail.com

It be much appreciated and "Thank You " for your reply.
Subscribe to British Expat today to get the most out of our great community.
  • Mark post as unread
  • dpower 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi Peter

Dwayne Here
I saw your conversation with Amanda on this forum about the Ontario Truck and Coach CFQ exam.

I'm about to write the Ontario CFQ exam and studying my butt off so that can pass it the first time. I know it's not easy and most fail it the first time.
I was wondering if you have any test questions and answers you could e-mail my way as well to dpowerxxx@gmail.com

It be very much appreciated and "Thank You " for your reply.

And if anyone else has Ontario Truck and Coach CFQ exam test questions and answers please send to me.
And I THANK YOU all who reply.
Follow British Expat on Twitter!
Need forex? CanadianForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.