UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • craig1975 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
i am a nurse who is due to move to bc. my employer has told me that there is no reciprocal agreements with their pension outside of canada so what do i do with my nhs pension!!!!
Can't decide when to time your currency exchange transaction? Let OzForex help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • jessica 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Can you bring what you've paid in over here? I mean, will the nhs let you "have" it so you can buy a pension here?
Premium members enjoy a lot more benefits on British Expat
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Graeme 
  • Site Admin 
  • Upload Users Avatar 
Please use the search facility to look up Pensions in the Canada portion of the site, you'll find good information about this. One thing of note is that your UK pension, once you take it here, becomes fixed and doesn't increase as it would in the UK. As a nurse you would be on the municipal superannuation plan here and you become vested in that plan after 2 years although they are talking about reducing that to 6 months.
Use the search facility, lots to read there.
Graeme
Smile
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
Need forex? CanadianForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.