UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • HesitationKills 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi Juna,

You have PM

Scott
Join British Expat on Facebook!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • daveevans 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi Scott, I stumbled upon this site as I am also moving to Baku next month. As I am doing an online course, I wonder what the availablility of broadband is like, and how reliable. Thank for your informative previous posts. By the way, my wife will be joining me later and is Thai. What's the Pink Elephant like, any good? With best regards,
Dave Evans
Worried about insuring your home abroad? British Expat has the answer!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • HesitationKills 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hello Dave,

Broadband is available here. I must admit this whole area leaves me feeling Confused so have a look at www.adanet.az for some options. I have found the reliability to be generally good.

A word of caution though - you can be constrained by the telephone link between your apartment and the ISP. I can only receive a 16.8k connection at my apartment purely because of the telephone company. In other apartments I used exactly the same ISP but a different telephone company and connected at >50k!! I have never understood why this is.

The pink elephant is a fine restaurant but you should also try Baan Thai at the top of the ISR plaza. Its a bit more expensive but theres more on the menu and as its at the top of the building you can look down on Baku as you are eating.

Its starting to heat up here now so by the time you arrive it should be getting into the 30's. Bring your sunglasses!
Follow British Expat on Twitter!
  • Mark post as unread
  • daveevans 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi Scott,
thanks for the info. I have not signed the contract yet, but I am hoping to get to Baku next month. Your answers have gone a long way to reassure me, and my wife more particularly.. Baan Thai sounds good, making Baku as good as Nanjing where we have two Thai restaurants also.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks

Dave Evans
Read the British newspapers online!
  • Mark post as unread
  • Juna 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi Scott!

I am coming to baku 8th June. Will stay for two or tree months :))
My homenumber in Baku is 4928250. I will be waiting for your call.My email is junabrookes@mail.ru
Please write me how can I contact you.
With best wishes-Juna
Can't decide when to time your currency exchange transaction? Let OzForex help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Juna 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Scott!

I have never been to Baan Thai. It sounds great. Perhaps I can make surprice to my family and take them there. What is their address? Pink Elephant I know and I know the manager there very good. Have you even been to Long forest?
I can advice everybody to go there. We can even make a group trip together :) Scott, don't scare people with our temperature. Though...have you happened to be there when its 40 degrees? :)
What is your favourite beach and where? Mine is ''1001 night'' in Shihovo.
Good luck to everyone-Juna
Want to PM someone? You'll need to subscribe to British Expat.
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • HesitationKills 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Ahhh, 35 deg here last weekend and Shihovo was the place to be!

Will be in touch Juna
Have you signed up for the British Expat newsletter?
  • Mark post as unread
  • tony 42 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi Scott

I've found your messages very interesting and helpful.

My wife and I are moving to Baku at the weekend for 1 year, I'll be working as an English teacher there.

However, my wife is Thai and I've check online about a visa for her and she will get a 30 day visa upon arrival ($100) according to what I read. Have you any info on visas for Thais?

I would very like my wife (Sill) to meet other Thais while we are living in Baku, do you know of any social networks for Thai people.

Tony
Check out British Expat's business and travel eBooks on ErgoGuides.com!
  • Mark post as unread
  • cjbenner 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi
We are about to move to Baku and want to know about the best way to get some personal effects in. Has anyone shipped goods? Is there a problem with customs if you do? Is it simpler to simply take access baggage on the plane?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Colin
Have you read the British Expat Editors' Blog lately?
  • Mark post as unread
  • jg777 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Please can somebody kindly inform me how a british ex pat worker in baku can bring there partner to baku on a long term visa!
Visit Not Delia for recipes, food news and reviews!
  • Mark post as unread
  • charlesleahy 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Just moved to Azerbaijan, if anyone interested in meeting up soon or after summer, please say and shoot me an email with name & number to dubaixpat@gmail.com - Yes I used to be Dubai expat hence the email.

Thanks & hope to hear from some of you brits soon Smile
Check out British Expat's business and travel eBooks on ErgoGuides.com!
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.