UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • Gav 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi there! and welcome to Azerbaijan....

I have been here in Azerbaijan since September 2001 working in the oil and gas industry. I have limited experience here, but I will try and help you if you have any queries. If I can't answer them, then I will endevour to find out for you.
Follow British Expat on Twitter!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • pandbabs 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi

I have no idea that I am doing this right or that you will receive it as it looks like you havent had things posted on since 2003!!!

My partner is working and living in Baku and after we are married in Sept/Oct I shall move out there with him. I would like to know what womens groups etc there are to join etc and what voluntary work I could possibly do. I am currently trying to learn the language. I am visiting there for the first time next week so looking forward to that Smile)

Wont write much else just in case I am wasting my time.

Thanks
Fixing up a house for sale? HouseWiz can help!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • HesitationKills 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Yes its been a long time since we had a visitor here! Apologies for the delay and if you haven't already got the info during your trip here it is.

There is an International Womens Club here in Baku and they are active in charity work such as helping the local orphanages. This is done via craft fairs, raffles etc as well as some hands-on work with the kids. I believe they hold regular coffee mornings where you can make contact and details of these are printed in advance in the local free newspaper.
Fixing up a house for sale? HouseWiz can help!
  • Mark post as unread
  • contractor 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hello,
Planning to work in Baku for few years and I wonder if there are anyone from Canada in Baku? Wink

Thanks!
Subscribe to British Expat today to get the most out of our great community.
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.