UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • OLI 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi, I may have the opportunity to move to Baku for an interesting position. The job would not generally involve me working with many expats. I am 35, single so would be moving alone. I know some places in the world are great places to live as a family, but not good/lonely on one's own (and other places vice versa). Which is Baku? Would I meet people (relatively) easily, develop a decent social life?

Also how is the cost of living - I have seen previous posts, but wondered how much a decent 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in a decent area might cost to rent per month? A restaurant meal? A beer? A week's groceries? Overall, is it described as an expensive place to live?

Very many thanks

Oli
If you're going to buy or book online, please help British Expat by using our affiliate links!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.