UKForex
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • mjb 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Can you tell me if the pollution in Baku is as bad as the press would like us to think ?

"......Some scientists consider the region to be the most ecologically devastated area in the world. Air pollution is severe, and people in many of the industrial areas suffer high rates of illness and birth defects...."
Subscribers of British Expat can include a link to their own website here.
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Gav 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
hmmm, good question. I haven't read any reports such as the one you have posted. However, I would say that there is a massive clean up operation required to clean up the city. You do notice a strong gas smell sometimes from some of the open wells in and around the city where they are actively taking oil from the ground.

There are a lot of open areas where the oil has been left to sit since pre 1993.

But as I say, the cleanup operation is massive, and will require an injection of a lot of funds, which hopefully will come from the revenue being generated from the current developments offshore/onshore.

I cannot comment on your remarks about the country/city being the most ecologically devastated area in the world.

Regards,

Gav
Visit Not Delia for recipes, food news and reviews!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Our eBooks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.