Login and registration issues
- Why can’t I log in?
- There are several reasons why this could occur. First, ensure your username and password are correct. If they are, contact us to make sure you haven’t been banned. It is also possible there’s an error in how the forum is working, so just get in touch with us via the website contact form and report the difficulty you’re having. We’ll check it out and get back to you.
- Why do I need to register at all?
- If you wish to read the public areas of this forum you can do so without registering. However, registration will allow you to start posting, although all postings by new members are pre-moderated before going live.
Premium Members also have access to additional features not available to guests or free members such as use of avatars, forum signatures, private messaging, etc, as well as access to our premium content areas.
If you want to participate, we therefore recommend that you register.
- Why do I get logged off automatically?
- If you do not tick the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, tick the box during login. (NBThis is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, eg library, internet café, university computer lab, etc.)
- How do I prevent my username appearing in the online user listings?
- Within your User Control Panel, under “Board preferences”, you will find the option Hide your online status. Enable this option with Yes and you will only appear to the administrators, moderators and yourself. You will be counted as a hidden user. Please note that this feature is only available to certain categories of members.
- I’ve lost my password!
- Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I’ve forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.
- I registered but cannot login!
- First, check your username and password. If they are correct, then it’s likely that your registration hasn’t been activated yet. This board requires new registrations to be activated by the new member. You should have been sent an email when you registered; if so, read it and follow the instructions if you haven’t already done so. If you did not receive an email, you may have provided an incorrect email address or the email may have been picked up by a spam filter. If you are sure the email address you provided is correct, try contacting an administrator.
- I registered in the past but can’t login any more?!
- It is possible an administrator has deactivated or deleted your account for some reason. Also, many boards periodically remove users who have not posted for a long time to reduce the size of the database. If this has happened, try registering again and being more involved in discussions.
Also check that you are on the correct forum and not one with a name similar to the one you originally joined.
Alternatively, try contacting us and asking if we know the reason for your exclusion.
- Why can’t I register?
- It is possible that we’ve banned a range of IP addresses that includes yours, or disallowed the username you are attempting to register. Contact us for assistance.
- What does the “Delete all board cookies” do?
- “Delete all board cookies” deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. It also provides functions such as tracking read and unread forums, topics and posts. If you are having problems logging in or out, deleting board cookies may help.