• You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • johnofessex 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Malta SPCA has just opened a charity shop in Triq Gorg Borg Olivier, Sliema. It's adjacent to no 24, and on the corner with Triq Guze Howard.

Stock seems to be mostly ladieswear, but also books and other stuff.

Opening hours are currently Mon-Sat mornings, but these are described as "temporary".

Perhaps a good place to buy things from and/or give things to.
Missing your local paper back 'home'? British Newspapers online
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • gozomark 
  • Site Admin 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Malta SPCA had a shop for books only at their centre in Floriana - has this closed, or is this new shop in addition to that ?

ps if you are in Gozo, you can also donate books and most things to Gozo SPCA, but not clothing
Show your support for Gozo SPCA by joining them on Facebook
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • johnofessex 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
gozomark wrote:Malta SPCA had a shop for books only at their centre in Floriana - has this closed, or is this new shop in addition to that ?

Sorry, no idea. Just reporting what I saw.
Premium members have access to private boards and the private messaging system.
  • Mark post as unread
  • gozomark 
  • Site Admin 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Their website has no details of either shop that I can spot, but does list the people who work in each, so looks like both are open
  • Mark post as unread
  • pjr 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Thats good news - I kept hearing they were looking for premises but didn't know how long it was going to take.

PJ
If you're going to buy or book online, please help this site by using our affiliate links.
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • kaiakas 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
They also have a Facebook page. You find a lot of information there (for example how & what to donate, opening hours & even photos of the new stock every month). http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paws-4-A-Cause-SPCA-Malta/111062045630221
Have you signed up for the British Expat newsletter?
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Kay 
  • Site Admin 
  • Upload Users Avatar 
Hi kaiakas

Welcome to the forum. We ask that newbies don't post links - please read the rules - however, Ill make an exception in this case.

Please introduce yourself to the community - unless, of course, you only came here to post the link.

Thanks

Kay
Kay's Blog - My blog about online business and earning money online.

Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.

You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Visit poster's website Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • kaiakas 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
I'm sorry, didn't want to break any rules Sad Just thought that this information could be useful.

My name is Kaia & I have been living in Malta for 6 months now. I work as a part-time journalist & translator.
Although I'm not british (I'm from Estonia), I have found some useful information from your forum.

Thank you & all the best,
Kaia
Have you signed up for the British Expat newsletter?
  • Mark post as unread
  • Kay 
  • Site Admin 
  • Upload Users Avatar 
Hi Kaia

Thanks. That's interesting - are you freelance or do you have a job? Do you do any Internet work?

Sorry, if that's too many questions. No need to answer if you don't want to. It's just that this is our line of work too and it's all for online publications. I'm always curious to know how other people are getting on.

Join in and make some new friends! Very Happy

You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Visit poster's website Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • kaiakas 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
I'm freelance and I write mostly for an Estonian online women's magazine. Pluss occasional articles about Malta here and there Smile

My last big translation job was Richard Dawkins "God Delusion" from english to estonian.
Visit Not Delia for recipes, food news and reviews!
  • Mark post as unread
  • gozomark 
  • Site Admin 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi, and welcome to the forum Smile

kaiakas wrote:My last big translation job was Richard Dawkins "God Delusion" from english to estonian.

Wow, I'm impressed - one of my all-time favourite books
  • Mark post as unread
  • Kay 
  • Site Admin 
  • Upload Users Avatar 
I'm impressed too. I imagine there are a lot of Richard Dawkins fans on here. Dave and I have several of his books - very interesting.

Translating a whole book must take ages, though.

• Mark post as unread
  • Dave 
  • Site Admin 
  • Remote Users Avatar 
I'd think so, especially when it comes to ensuring consistency. I've never had to translate anything lengthy - I imagine it would be a nightmare to keep track of all the stylistic quirks! Shocked
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!

• Mark post as unread
  • kaiakas 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Yes, it did took ages Smile - the whole process lasted more than two years - I started in december 2008 and the book came out just now.

And yes - it was quite a nightmare sometimes. His pithy writing style + all the different subject covered in this book made it a real challenge. All those sleepless nights & hours spent asking for advice and looking for the right words & correct scientific or religious terms...

I'm still amazed that it's finally published Smile Incredible!
Want to PM someone? You'll need to subscribe to British Expat.
  • Mark post as unread
  • Kay 
  • Site Admin 
  • Upload Users Avatar 
Well done! I always find that short term projects are much easier than long term ones.

Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Top-selling Amazon paperbacks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.