Hi Jeff, and welcome to the forum
"Also, i've gone through the calculator and determined that it would cost us roughly 2,100 euro for registration tax. Which from what i read, its refundable after proof of 1 year residence. " - not sure where you read that, but its not refundable
bike - no problem with bringing motorbike in, but you will have to pay reg tax on that as well.
the following thread is a good starting point - see 9 for importing a vehicle - check to see if you are exempt from paying the reg tax on your vehicles
non-EU citizen moving to Malta Q&A
1. Uniform residence permit for 3rd country nationals ("3rd Country National" = a citizen of a non-EU country)
2. do I need an accountant to apply for residency ?
3. do I need health insurance ?
4. can I work in Malta ?
4.1 How much is income tax ?
4.2 How much are social security contributions ?
5. where do I apply for my residency permit ?
6. where do I apply for my ID card ?
7. buying a property FAQ
8. renting a property FAQ
9. Importing a vehicle FAQ
10. Do I need a visa to enter Malta, and where can I apply for one ?
11. What's the proceedure for exporting/importing a pet ?
12. Can I use my driving licence in Malta ?
13. Long term residency permit