• You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • Mr Kriss 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
I heard recently of mention of prostitution being a problem in number of areas in these islands. This was rasied in the Cospicua thread and also in the editorial in teh Circle with the Times on Sunday at the weekend.

Is it really as widespread and a problem as rumours have it, or is this

a) a factor of tourists soliciting;
b) played up because of the otherwise law abiding nature of the Maltese and not really such a problem?

DeeVee, I am not aiming this at one island versus another. I am sure that Gozo is not untouched in this regard.
Chris Coffee at the 'puter
Join the British Expat lending team at Kiva: http://www.kiva.org/team/britishexpatcom

You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • dave dee 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Chris, I understand your point but we must realise that a hot country like Malta needs prostitutes to feed the appetites of all the sexually starved males who are trapped in loveless marriages with, as catholics no escape such as divorce which is not tollerated. to my understanding there are certain areas to visit but i personally have yet to feel the need. Wink
Subscribers of British Expat can include a link to their own website here.
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Mr Kriss 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Now as that was unsigned, how do I know if I am talking with Dee or Vee Wink

The editorial in the Circle referred to local resident women being pestered with lewd comments by kerb crawlers. I always thought of the kerb crawlers as being young guys either curious or just being laddish rather than errant husbands looking to obtain services.

I was more curious to put this into perspective versus the rumours. I was certainly not fishing for personal experiences, Dee.
Chris Coffee at the 'puter
Join the British Expat lending team at Kiva: http://www.kiva.org/team/britishexpatcom

You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • dave dee 
  • Supporter 
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Chris, as i did,nt read the editorial link but just gave a generalisation of my and other Maltese opinions as to why prostitutes are required i may have to some clean living saintly people in Gozo, gave the wrong impression. Laughing Must be good to live in paradise. Dave. p.s. Vee never made a post on these forums yet.
Premium members enjoy a lot more benefits on British Expat
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Top-selling Amazon paperbacks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.