• You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality
  • Mark post as unread
  • dazjoe 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi all. Not sure if anyone can help but giving it a shot. I've got an interview with HSBC lined up, I've had the phone interview and passed easy, the only problem is I'm living in Melbourne. Myself and my girlfriend are humming and hahing about whether to take the risk and come over, I would be relying on getting the job so was wondering what the deal with the interview is. I have experience in the role, I'm English, is the job virtually a given? If anyone who works there already could give any tips/advice would help. I think we prob will take the plunge anyway but it's still a worry for both of us if I can't find work ( my girlfriend can't work in Malta).
Thanks to anyone who can offer advice
Have you signed up for the British Expat newsletter?
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • cazinmalta 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
from what i understand there is a 6 week training period followed by 6 months probation. The drop out rate is high and they are always on the lookout for new recruits...
Visit Not Delia for recipes, food news and reviews!
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • Manclad Steve 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
The wife has just got a job there, starts on Monday. It is an 8 week training course, from 9-6 Mon-Fri and they won't let you have any time off during this period. Not sure about the 6 month probation period, but seems likely.

She did the phone interview a few weeks ago and had a face to face interview last week and got a phone call this week giving her the good news.

She's only doing part time to get out of the house really, but the pay is okay and she loves rabbiting on the phone, so it's ideal for her!
Have you read the British Expat Editors' Blog lately?
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
  • Mark post as unread
  • cazinmalta 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
Hi steve
Hope the worker is getting on well in her training.
Caz
Subscribers of British Expat can include a link to their own website here.
  • Mark post as unread
  • Manclad Steve 
  •  
  • Subscribe to BE Today 
  •  
Hi Caz,

Yes, the missus seems to be enjoying the training at HSBC and has made a few good friends already. There's a good mix of people there and she says on the whole they're a good bunch.
She's in her 6th week now and one of the guys who works there, also doing the training, is the son of an ex-squaddie from the UK who was in the same regiment as her dad! They were both based over here in the 60s, met Maltese girls and got married. A small world indeed!
Want to PM someone? You'll need to subscribe to British Expat.
You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality You will need to login, register or even subscribe to enable this functionality Back to top
Need forex? UKForex Foreign Exchange Transfers
Top-selling Amazon paperbacks
Adverts
  • All information, postings etc are copyright of British Expat Ltd © 2000-2014 or of the original author, and may not be reproduced elsewhere without written permission of the copyright holder.