It is currently Thu 14 Nov 2019 03:05 GMT
Change font size

Portugal

working in portugal

working in portugal

Postby david brahney » Tue 25 Jan 2005 14:36 GMT

hi does anyone out there know what the work situation for ceramic tilers/competent handyman is like. I cant speak portugese but used to live in Lanzerote and had no problems as all my work was for expats. My wife speaks french and german and has a retail background,would be very grateful for any advice preferably for Lisbon area.
Posted by:
david brahney

working in portugal

Postby JayneR » Mon 11 Apr 2005 12:44 GMT

Hi David,
I've just read your "post" about working in Portugal. There are a couple of sites more specifically about Portugal which might be of use to you. These are:
http://the_news.net - this is our national newspaper in English with a classified section
and
www.portugal-info.net/forum/
I have been living in the north of Portugal since 1994 and don't have any expat contacts in my area. As far as I know for someone like you who is looking for an area where you can work with expats, i.e. without speaking Portuguese, your best bet would be The Algarve.
Best of luck.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Expat Contacts in Portugal

Postby spownall » Mon 13 Jun 2005 22:46 GMT

Hi

I know this post is a little late, but I've only just read it!

I live in the Beiras region of Central Portugal near Coimbra. If you need any advice on living / moving to Portugal, I will be pleased to help.

You may also want to try my site at

www.expatsportugal.com

Kind Regards

Simon Pownall
Posted by:
spownall

Postby JayneR » Mon 13 Jun 2005 23:41 GMT

Good heavens! A post on the Portugal board! There is life! :shock:

I see you're in Cantanhede. Did you go to the Jazz Festival this weekend and was it good? I really, really, really wanted to go but it didn't work out. I couldn't even make the Parade yesterday afternoon. Bummer!

See ya! :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Return to Portugal