It is currently Thu 19 Sep 2019 21:14 GMT
Change font size

Portugal

buying cars

buying cars

Postby akelly » Mon 16 Apr 2007 19:39 GMT

hi can anyone help my family and i are moving to the algarve and we need to purchase a used car, lhd, poss registered in portugal is there any sort of classified papers or websites i can go to , would it be cheaper to buy else where in europe and drive it back and re register. we are after a 4x4 jeep cherokee or similar.
Posted by:
akelly

Postby Jayjan » Sat 21 Apr 2007 20:40 GMT

Hi Akelly. you would be better off buying a car already registered in Portugal otherwise the paper work can take ages to be legalised. I dont know of any websites etc but there are loads of second hand car pitches along the Algarve. We find they are quite expensive for a decent car but if you buy lhd in another country then take it to portugal you would still have to import it which will cost you money, the cost(it goes off the size of the engine so i'm told) & it could take you a long time as I said above for the paperwork to be legal.Hope this helps. Cheers Jayjan
Posted by:
Jayjan

Postby Magellan » Tue 8 May 2007 08:56 GMT

Try:

[Adverts removed.]

Both have a good selection of car listings - they are not cheap, however, and bare in mind the fuel costs on something life a cherokee - go diesel if you can afford it.
Posted by:
Magellan

Return to Portugal