It is currently Thu 19 Sep 2019 21:28 GMT
Change font size

Portugal

Another UK couple looking to move to Algarve area

Another UK couple looking to move to Algarve area

Postby Peaceful » Fri 8 Feb 2008 15:54 GMT

Hi all,
We are both retired, no strings, and looking for a move to a more peaceful way of life.
Can anyone advise the best places on the Algarve to live, we have a small dog, presumably apartments will allow pets?
Not a golfer but I play bowls, my wife draws and paints are there clubs available?
Can you get Broadband satisfactorily?
What satellite TV is available?

That is too many questions for now!!!

Hope that someone will be kind enough to respond.

Posted by:
Peaceful

Hello

Postby net net » Sat 9 Feb 2008 08:47 GMT

[Posting removed by Site Admin. Net net: you've posted twice, and promoted the same site each time. You didn't even bother to look at the posting guidelines, did you? We don't welcome spammers here. - Dave]
Posted by:
net net

Postby Dave » Sat 9 Feb 2008 14:08 GMT

Hi, Peaceful, and welcome to the forum!

Hope someone comes along with a substantive answer to your questions soon.

Dave :)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Peaceful » Sat 9 Feb 2008 17:16 GMT

Thanks Dave,
I know very little about Portugal so would appreciate a helpful reply from someone :)
Posted by:
Peaceful

Postby solarq » Sat 22 Mar 2008 12:45 GMT

Hi Peaceful,

I just saw, that nobody is answering you questions.

If you take the decision to live in a foreign country, information is very important, especially if it is a country like Portugal.

I am German and living with my portuguese wife north of Lisbon close to Mafra. We have many friends in the Uk. Some of our friends bought last year a small home close to Silves in the Algarve. They are very happy with their new second home and are surrounded by British neighbours.

I just can answer the question about pets. Every apartment block has different rules, depending on the owners. But you will certainly find apartments where pets are allowed. Usually apartments are badly insolated against noise. In some you can even hear the conversation of your neighbours or the flush of their toilet. That is why many people prefer a small cottage. It even used to be a better investment.

On behalf of the artistic interests of your wife, many villages have activities of that kind, usually for the portuguese people. Trying to learn a little bit of their language and taking part in their activities, is the best thing you can do.

solarq
Posted by:
solarq

Postby Peaceful » Sat 22 Mar 2008 17:32 GMT

Thank you very much for your reply.
Posted by:
Peaceful

Return to Portugal