It is currently Tue 20 Aug 2019 20:09 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Chinwags

Newsletter editorial, Oct '14: Shifting shopping patterns

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Newsletter editorial, Oct '14: Shifting shopping patterns

Postby Dave » Fri 31 Oct 2014 18:52 GMT

This month's newsletter editorial was all about the way people do their shopping - including the growth of online shopping.

While it's fair to say that online shopping has had a huge impact in the entertainment and leisure business, how big have the changes been for more mundane items like groceries and household goods? And while it may have transformed lifestyles in South East England, what about the rest of the UK - or the rest of the world, for that matter?

We'd love to hear what your online shopping experiences are like, so please do tell us! 8-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sat 1 Nov 2014 20:32 GMT

I do a lot of shopping online now, especially for hard to get parts (motorbikes or electronics) there are some good deals out there and some stuff that you just couldn't find otherwise. I don't think I'd buy groceries on line though, I prefer to pick out my own fruit veg and even canned goods.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Chinwags