It is currently Wed 20 Nov 2019 11:40 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Choosing a school for ADHD internationally

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Choosing a school for ADHD internationally

Postby delancepants » Thu 17 Mar 2016 07:33 GMT

My son was diagnosed with ADHD a couple of months ago. He is 7. I haven't managed to learn much about it yet, but one thing that's worrying me is how to choose a school for him. Currently we live in India and the schools here do not seem equipped to deal with him. Just before his daignosis I started homeschooling him due to the problems we were having with school. At some point in the next year we will move out of India, so I need to plan ahead and figure out the school issue. I'm English but we don't necessarily want to return to England. My husband has done international contracting before and we're open to remaining expats so in some ways the world is our oyster! We are quite willing to choose our next location based on finding schools that have excellent support for ADHD. I think this is a pretty unusual situation to be in and being a newbie to this whole area I don't have a clue where to start. If anyone can offer any advice I would be more than grateful.

Thank you!
Posted by:
delancepants

Re: Choosing a school for ADHD internationally

Postby ruggie » Tue 22 Mar 2016 10:48 GMT

You might find it useful to check out homeschooling in the UK. It's getting more popular, and some locations have quite large, strong homeschooling groups that would help provide the social side of your son's education.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Chinwags