It is currently Thu 21 Nov 2019 07:42 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Rogues' Gallery

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Rogues' Gallery

Postby Kay » Sun 20 Jul 2003 06:48 GMT

We've had a request for a place to post photos of the group here. Please join in and post a photo of yourself.

I'll post one of me later (couldn't seem to copy the picture properly). Meanwhile here's a link to a photo of me that was taken for work purposes - no I don't usually sit in the garden with my laptop. :roll:

http://www.britishexpat.com/images/kaylaptop.jpg

Kay :D
Last edited by Kay on Tue 2 Sep 2003 13:02 GMT, edited 2 times in total.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Re: Rogues' Gallery

Postby Squiffy » Sun 20 Jul 2003 06:54 GMT

Kay wrote:We've had a request for a place to post photos of the group here. Please join in and post a photo of yourself.

I'll post one of me later (couldn't seem to copy the picture properly). Meanwhile here's a link to a photo of me that was taken for work purposes - no I don't usually sit in the garden with my laptop. :roll:

http://www.britishexpat.com/images/kaylaptop.jpg

Kay :D

Ohmigod! You aren't blonde!????? :twisted: :twisted:
Squiffy - Laugh for MS - : http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby Kay » Sun 20 Jul 2003 07:07 GMT

There are more photos of Dave and me on this page, including one of me as a blonde: :wink:

http://www.britishexpat.com/fun/makeover.htm
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sun 20 Jul 2003 13:46 GMT

Here's one of me in Pattaya in June, looking particularly fat-faced, hot and sweaty. (Personally I blame it on the copious amounts of beer (or rather Heineken - sorry, Rich) and Laphroaig I'd had the previous night, or rather earlier that morning... :wink: )

Last edited by Dave on Sat 16 Sep 2006 13:24 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sun 20 Jul 2003 14:35 GMT

This is me without the effects of booze and late nights...

Last edited by Dave on Sat 16 Sep 2006 13:26 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Rich » Sun 20 Jul 2003 16:13 GMT

This is me without the effects of booze and late nights...

Ahhhh. Ain't that sweet!

(or rather Heineken - sorry, Rich)

No worries. I have to make allowances for all you old people who aren't able to distinguish between different beers... :twisted:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby chabrenas » Sun 20 Jul 2003 17:51 GMT

In a while, I'll post some more representative pix (e.g., me sprawled on the ground looking like a traffic accident - actually busy taking worm's eye view photos of a kart race) but here's something for starters
[img]http://[domain%20now%20obsolete]/images/FFFmugMKH.jpg[/img]

...and wifie at the house of a friend who creates coporate sculptures out of driftwood
[img]http://[domain%20now%20obsolete]/images/PhyllAndCroc.jpg[/img]

Relative sizes of the two portraits indicate how important each person feels. When I get a proper job, I'll post a bigger pic :roll:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Postby Purley » Sun 20 Jul 2003 18:26 GMT

Here's Kay's pic - the one she had a link to

There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Purley
Supporter

Postby Kay » Sun 20 Jul 2003 18:34 GMT

Thanks Lizwil. I gotta get a better photo of me than that though. The main problem is that I'm the one who usually takes the photos. That's how come we have plenty of Dave and only the very rare one of me when a photo is needed for some purpose. I'm not that keen on having my photo taken. (With a face like mine, who can blame me? :wink: )
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Squiffy » Mon 21 Jul 2003 07:32 GMT

Kay wrote:I'm not that keen on having my photo taken. (With a face like mine, who can blame me? :wink: )

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, the possibilities.........................

Nah.

Walks away whistling.............. :lol:
Squiffy - Laugh for MS - : http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby pmforster » Thu 24 Jul 2003 02:28 GMT

My photos are all going mouldy in the heat and humidity of Fiji, so I am gradually transferring all my pics onto the web. The one's that the missus and I have done so far are at:

http://www.blue-oceans.com/ohana/album/

Bye for now

Peter
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
pmforster
Free member

Postby Purley » Thu 24 Jul 2003 16:29 GMT

Looked at your webpage. Very interresting. I guess you had better hurry up and put the newer photos on before they go mouldy too.

Seems like you have had a very interesting life - lots of varied things you are into. My sister lives in Vancouver near UBC - you're right - its really pretty there but terribly expensive to buy a house!

How do your kids like living in Fiji?
Posted by:
Purley
Supporter

Postby pmforster » Fri 25 Jul 2003 05:21 GMT

lizwil98 wrote:Looked at your webpage. Very interresting. I guess you had better hurry up and put the newer photos on before they go mouldy too.

Seems like you have had a very interesting life - lots of varied things you are into. My sister lives in Vancouver near UBC - you're right - its really pretty there but terribly expensive to buy a house!

How do your kids like living in Fiji?

Although one of them is visiting now, they grew up and are at college or doing GAP years etc. While they were here they liked it - the International School Suva is very good and they never had to deal with Fijian government officials!

Marijke and I want to move on so she is going back to the Netherlands for a 3-month nursing update course. Most of the places we fancy the look of have nurse shortages so we thought it would help us get to somewhere nice.

Bula vinaka!

Peter
Posted by:
pmforster
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 25 Jul 2003 14:47 GMT

Shhhh, everyone. Don't tell Clarkie that his photo is here. :twisted:

Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Fri 25 Jul 2003 14:57 GMT

Feck, that was quick.

You must hiv hid this planned. Conspiracy theories abound.

The tartan is a pathetically non-entitous (new word (c) MC2003) Scotland's National, since here in Thurso I couldn't hire my first choice, the Ericht Cameron, on my faither's side, nor the Clan Donald, on my mither's side.

I suppose I should stop being a cheapskate, and buy one.

Like Clan McMahon would (did) :wink:

Mike
Glaikit. Bit nae sae glaikit as a gollach wi a blin ee.
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Next

Return to Chinwags