It is currently Wed 15 Jul 2020 07:09 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Rogues' Gallery

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Postby chabrenas » Tue 9 Dec 2003 16:50 GMT

Here I am in my "happy" suit

Some fairly serious kit there. Is that why you moved to Gozo?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Postby Squiffy » Tue 9 Dec 2003 19:34 GMT

chabrenas wrote:
Link to the truth of JaJ and Squiffs

Santa looks as if he was press-ganged into this shot. What did you do to the poor man?

I think he was just pissed off with all the kids that have sat on his lap all day :twisted:
Squiffy - Laugh for MS - : http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby Not-Lorna » Tue 9 Dec 2003 20:41 GMT

Squiffy wrote: pissed off

Some kind of Eastern Canadian turn of phrase? :twisted:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Not-Lorna
Free member

Postby Squiffy » Wed 10 Dec 2003 16:42 GMT

Not-Lorna wrote:
Squiffy wrote: pissed off

Some kind of Eastern Canadian turn of phrase? :twisted:

Sorry, I forgot the eh? Not :O)
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby justajester » Wed 10 Dec 2003 22:52 GMT

Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul, with the corn cup hat and button nose and two eyes made out of coal.

Hmmm, our version says "with a corn cob pipe and a button nose..." ; must be the colonial version. :wink:
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby Not-Lorna » Thu 11 Dec 2003 14:42 GMT

justajester2003 wrote:_________________

Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul, with the corn cup hat and button nose and two eyes made out of coal.

Hmmm, our version says "with a corn cob pipe and a button nose..." ; must be the colonial version. :wink:

You know I wondered about that. I had to look the words up on Ask Jeeves and that's the first one that came up. I guess I wouldn't pass as a researcher. I'll change that right away, Ma'am. 8)
Posted by:
Not-Lorna
Free member

Postby chabrenas » Sun 21 Dec 2003 10:22 GMT

I can visualise the early work with valves - but EL34s were neat, civilsed things. I bought my first amp in a junk shop: it had a pair of glowing brutes (807's ?) to drive the speakers. Later, we built one with KT66's. And my university buddy - who improved my amp for me - also played the trick with the hidden insulation on me, during a lab session. In th end, he had to show me what he'd done, so that I could complete my Wheatstone Bridge experiment...
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Postby Tim » Sat 31 Jan 2004 20:55 GMT

By the way, if any of you want to post pics of yourselves and can't work out how to do it, then e-mail the pic to me (using the e-mail button below) and I'll host it on my site and send you the link to use.
If you care about the Maltese landscape please save Ta Cenc.
Posted by:
Tim
Supporter

Postby chabrenas » Tue 3 Feb 2004 16:24 GMT

OK. As an independent witness, I'll vouch for the pic being a recognisable likeness of Squiffy. But what's the white border - reserved for future expansion?

Hang about a bit, and I'll get a pic of a bearded Ruggie/chabrenas. Started off as a full beard when they cut my house water supply off, but it itched too much. Now it looks like a lightweight, grey Abe Lincoln or one of the original Afrikaner colonists - no hair near the mouth. I could almost live with it - but wifey will have something to say about the matter.
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Postby Squiffy » Tue 24 Feb 2004 14:33 GMT

chabrenas wrote:OK. As an independent witness, I'll vouch for the pic being a recognisable likeness of Squiffy. But what's the white border - reserved for future expansion?

Hang about a bit, and I'll get a pic of a bearded Ruggie/chabrenas. Started off as a full beard when they cut my house water supply off, but it itched too much. Now it looks like a lightweight, grey Abe Lincoln or one of the original Afrikaner colonists - no hair near the mouth. I could almost live with it - but wifey will have something to say about the matter.

Actually I don't look like that anymore :O)

I have lost 18lbs on my special MS diet, and I have now just got a Goatee - Teensquiffs wants me to dye it purple or blue a la Billy Connolly :O)
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed 25 Feb 2004 20:31 GMT

Squiffy wrote: I have now just got a Goatee - Teensquiffs wants me to dye it purple or blue a la Billy Connolly :O)

Hudonameenit, Squiffs!

If you wannabe a la Big Yin, you dye it purple and turn the air blue!

:lol:

Mike
Glaikit. Bit nae sae glaikit as a gollach wi a blin ee.
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Postby Purley » Sun 4 Apr 2004 20:02 GMT

Go to Photobucket

http://photobucket.com/

that seems to work quite well.

You will have to register - its free - and then where it says Add Picture - click on browse and look around on your hard drive for where you have put the photograph that you want to put onto the Internet. Then click on Submit.

After the photo appears down the bottom of the page, I would suggest you go to Edit - if the photo is big - for instance 60k - you will have to click on 50% or 25% to make it small enough - I think Dr. Dave said 25k. Once you have resized the photo then you right click on the box that says IMG underneath your photo and then paste the code between the image tags above. You have to click on the Img box before and after the photo code so it comes out sort of like:

with your code in between.

Its one of those things that is easy once you know how.

If you can't figure it out - pm me and I will give you my email address and I will post it for you.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Purley
Supporter

Postby Dave » Mon 5 Apr 2004 12:21 GMT

lizwil98 wrote:Go to Photobucket

http://photobucket.com/

that seems to work quite well.
[snip]

Many thanks for this very helpful posting, Liz! :D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Purley » Mon 5 Apr 2004 17:29 GMT

Here is Graeme's photo.

He looks about like I thought he would.

I don't know why - I often initially think of people as being younger than they really are. Then when I read their posts, I get a better idea. But my first reaction is always to think they are in their 20s or something!!

Must be getting old!!
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Purley
Supporter

Postby Kay » Mon 5 Apr 2004 18:48 GMT

Liz, thanks for posting Graeme's photo. I was way off on that one too. I'd imagined Graeme as being much more mature (older :twisted: ) and not nearly so good looking. But he certainly has good taste in clothes: nice t-shirt!. :lol:

Kay :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Chinwags