It is currently Wed 13 Nov 2019 16:51 GMT
Change font size

Chinwags

Rogues' Gallery

Talk about the weather, make new friends, comment on anything, pop in to say "hello". [Please DO NOT post country-specific questions here - they belong on the relevant country forum in the In-Country Experts Forum.]

Postby Kay » Sat 6 Aug 2005 03:11 GMT

You look great, Graeme!

(If the photo's too big maybe someone else can help - I've still never managed to get around to learning how to do it.)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Mojan » Sat 6 Aug 2005 03:25 GMT

Nice photo Graeme. Isn't it funny how you build up a mental image of someone.....and then find they are nothing how you imagined :lol:

(I have this mental image of Jayne as well.....but I bet it's nothing like!)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Mojan
Free member

Postby JayneR » Sat 6 Aug 2005 08:56 GMT

Wow, Graeme. What a great photo. You look so dashing in your uniform. Bet you look good in ya shades! 8)

I'd read somewhere about you being a physio and also something about being a police officer so I thought you'd got two jobs. It never occurred to me that people can become volunteer police officers. I've never heard of it before. Volunteer everything else yes, but not police.

Pssst! Mojan! Don't tell anyone but if you go back to the previous page, there is a photo of "me". :lol: You'll recognise it immediately! :lol: I posted it and then told Kingfisher how to post his and mine just sort of crept off into the background!

I've been bugging a friend who took a good photo of me on her digitial to send it to me so I can post it but this friend is enjoying her life so much at the moment she won't keep still long enough to do it. She's got a boyfriend in Dubai who keeps paying for her to go over! Rich or what! It's driving me mad (the photo not her life!). She took it at the end of June! If I ever do get it, I'll post it.

See ya! :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Postby Mojan » Sat 6 Aug 2005 09:03 GMT

Just gone back and looked at your photo Jayne.......you are absolutely right!.....I would have recognised you anywhere!! :lol:
Posted by:
Mojan
Free member

Postby Mojan » Sat 6 Aug 2005 09:06 GMT

PS. I suppose I had better dig one out of me then! :lol:
Posted by:
Mojan
Free member

Postby Graeme » Sat 6 Aug 2005 15:10 GMT

[Comment by Site Admin - Graeme's posting below is in response to a question which was subsequently deleted by the poster.]

Yes it is RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), I've been a member for 17 years here now. Here we are called "auxiliaries", in UK I'd be called a "special constable" I was in the City of London Police when I left school for 2 years then decided it wasn't as much fun as Softly-Softly or Z cars so I left to become a physio. It's purely volunteer (no pay) but it's great fun and keeps me young and active.
:)
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby justajester » Tue 9 Aug 2005 15:33 GMT

Graeme, that's a lovely photo. My sister's husband is a regular...they live in Langley, but he's been plain-clothes for years, and I believe he is out of Surrey (may be wrong there, he may be in Vancouver again). I haven't seen him in uni for many years. At their daughter's funeral a while back, there was standing room only, with soooooo many uniforms! Even the under-cover guys showed up...so funny, as they stood out like a sore thumb, all looking like a bunch of hoods or motorcycles thugs with their long hair and scruffy beards. :lol: Many people (not close friends, of course) must have wondered why there were so many 'lowlife' types at the funeral of a little girl. It still makes me smile, many years later.
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby Purley » Fri 17 Feb 2006 22:08 GMT

I just realized after telling someone we all had photos on here - that I don't have a photo of myself.

Anyway, here is one that was taken at my son's wedding last July.

[image removed by Photobucket]
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Purley
Supporter

Postby lissy » Tue 23 May 2006 09:10 GMT

I'm just doing my CV so I have a photo handy... not a particularily exciting one though!

Posted by:
lissy
Free member

Postby Kay » Tue 23 May 2006 12:41 GMT

Hi Lissy

That's a nice friendly photo. Hope it helps you to get a job!

Kay :D
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby lissy » Tue 23 May 2006 13:10 GMT

me too :lol:
Posted by:
lissy
Free member

Postby caroig » Fri 12 Jan 2007 21:34 GMT

I've only just come across this thread and it is nice to put faces to the names.

This is me and Laura just over a year ago.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
caroig
Supporter

Postby Kay » Mon 22 Jan 2007 14:54 GMT

Great photo, thanks. :D Was it taken in Spain? It looks a bit Scottish - so do you actually. (Meant as a compliment, of course!)
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby caroig » Sun 28 Jan 2007 13:50 GMT

Thanks Kay, no nothing Scottish at all in this photo. The scenery is 100% Spanish, the baby 50% Spanish and me, well I'm 100% sassenach with a claim to a Yorkshire/Cockney lineage.
Posted by:
caroig
Supporter

Postby Kay » Sun 28 Jan 2007 14:22 GMT

Ah, never mind. :D
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Chinwags