It is currently Wed 12 Dec 2018 15:59 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• British Expat Forum – reduced service
    With regret, we've decided to close down most of the British Expat Forum to new posts. Existing Premium Members and Supporters will keep their privileges for the lifetime of the forum.

South Africa

I asume there are British Expats in South Africa ?

I asume there are British Expats in South Africa ?

Postby GISLATPEG » Thu 7 Jul 2005 11:58 GMT

I an searching for advice from expats living in South Africa
Posted by:
GISLATPEG

Re: I asume there are British Expats in South Africa ?

Postby Picin Boss » Tue 14 Mar 2006 12:15 GMT

Hi your post is pretty old, this might help. I lived in SA for 20 years great place then-not too good now too many murders and car hi-jacking. Still have 2-daughters there. There are ex-pats not as many as the rest of Africa because the skill level is relatively high, i feel this will change as the years move on.

Regards
Pic Boss
Posted by:
Picin Boss

Postby Barbie » Tue 15 Jan 2008 07:43 GMT

Hi There! :) I presume you have lost interest by now! I have lived in S.A. since 1975 first in Pretoria until 1996 then moved down to George which is on the Garden Route in Eastern Cape, what a beautiful place, we have got loads and loads of Ex Pats in this part of Africa, we are very happy and the crime rate is no worse than it is in England here in George! :roll:
Posted by:
Barbie

South Africa

Postby Mijasman » Fri 14 Jan 2011 12:08 GMT

Hello. Your posting may be old but its the closest thing to what I want to hear about moving to South Africa. I am a retired Brit, living in Spain. My ladyfriend is here now on a 90 day visa from Cape Town. I would really appreciate your opinion on a better place than Cape Town to move to. The Garden Route appears wonderful on TV programs but where specifically in that area could I target as a town/destination for my intended move? Thank you.
Posted by:
Mijasman

Return to South Africa