It is currently Mon 21 Oct 2019 10:55 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Dominican Republic

Hurricane threat

Hurricane threat

Postby Dave » Fri 19 Oct 2007 04:19 GMT

[Separated by Site Admin from an earlier discussion - to make the information easier to find for those coming after. ;-) - Dave]

dragon1503 wrote:This is one from my good lady. she is of the opinion that the furhter west you go from st lucia the greater the risk of being clobbered by a hurricane. Is this basically a fair assumption and what is the 'hit rate' for the DR like?
Last edited by Dave on Fri 19 Oct 2007 18:19 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri 19 Oct 2007 04:21 GMT

DRAddict wrote:The North Coast of the DR has been pretty much devoid of hurricanes for the last 30 years. We had 'Georges' go through in 1997 (or was it '98?) but that kept pretty much to the south cpast & then came up via Haiti missing the Puerto Plata area except from a bit of high wind. Get the 'Missus' to check the hurricane historical charts & she will see most 'miss' us by quite a few miles out to sea or blow themselves out with the mountain ranges that surround the inner coastal area. Rains we DO get pretty hard at times, but the majority of 'HOT AIR' which causes ME havoc, comes from a lady I love dearly!!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Dominican Republic