It is currently Wed 23 Oct 2019 04:35 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Dominican Republic

Shipping Dogs

Shipping Dogs

Postby Trev&Linda » Sat 3 May 2008 10:36 GMT

Hi, does anyone have any information on shipping dogs to the UK. We are thinking about re-locating to DR this year. At present we live in Spain so need to get them from Spain to Puerta Plata. We have had a quote that would take them through UK but it is very expensive so just wondered if anyone can advise the best and cheapest route for them.

Many thanks.
Posted by:
Trev&Linda

Postby DRAddict » Sat 3 May 2008 17:02 GMT

Hi Both,
Regrettably the data for flights to Spain from this end (DR) was lost when my computer had to be reconfigured in December of last year. My 'paper files' show Air Comet & Jet Air as being companies that fly direct to Puerto Plata or Santo Domingo.

Give them a try but failing that, punch in Malaga (or other Spanish aiport convenient to you) to Puerto Plata (POP)/Santiago (STI)/Santo Domingo (STO) & then ask the questions re dogs. PLEASE be aware that most flights put a restriction of 'Summer Flights' & restrict to Oct/Nov through to Marc/April for moving animal freight!

If you do decide to bring the dogs AND find a flight to do so, you may want to contact a vet over here who will give you the up-to-date entry requirements for them. I'll let you have Judy's details if/when you know you are bringing the dogs!! - REMIND me !!!!! ~ Grahame.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
DRAddict
Free member

Return to Dominican Republic