It is currently Tue 11 Dec 2018 00:16 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• British Expat Forum – reduced service
    With regret, we've decided to close down most of the British Expat Forum to new posts. Existing Premium Members and Supporters will keep their privileges for the lifetime of the forum.

Family and Pets

Cats - Bit of a weird one...

Post here about issues relating to family and pets.

Cats - Bit of a weird one...

Postby Welshy » Sun 5 Sep 2010 10:01 GMT

Hi everyone,

There are a number of potential opportunities for me to work in Australia. My wife and I have agreed that if I am made the right offer we will go to Australia but limit it to a 2 year period to begin with. So, at the moment, we are not looking to emigrate but see it as an opportunity to work abroad for a couple of years.

We have 3 cats, 2 boys that are 2 years old and a female cat that is 14 years old. Because we're not looking to emigrate, we didn't really want to take them over with us if we are going to be back in 2 years. We don't want to give them away because the two boys are the 'children' and we are too attached to them and would want them back when we come back. Does anyone know if there are places that will house your cats (obviously for a fee) ? or if people offer to mind your animals (again for a fee) ?

If we decided to stay in aus we would definately ship them over to be with us. I know its a strange situation, just wondered if anyone could offer some advice?

Many thanks
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Welshy
Free member

Postby rodeckneil » Tue 19 Jul 2011 13:24 GMT

I also wish to go to Australia

[Spammy link removed by Dave]
Posted by:
rodeckneil

Return to Family and Pets