It is currently Wed 8 Apr 2020 22:18 GMT
Change font size

Family and Pets

Cats

Post here about issues relating to family and pets.

Cats

Postby graham_ew » Thu 26 Jun 2003 11:04 GMT

My family and I are all set to relocate to melbourne in jan 04 but one loose thred we have left to tie is which people to use for importing our two cats and was hoping if anyone had any recommendations as they are so special we want to make sure they get looked after :) and no indicator is better than word of mouth

thanks graham
Posted by:
graham_ew

Postby SSue » Thu 6 Nov 2003 10:47 GMT

Sorry Graham, I know of no-one who has brought pets into Aus, so I cannot give you any recommendations. Apart from the transportation costs, vets fees for medical checks and necessary paperwork etc, there are also the quarantine costs on top, so it works out to be quite a costly excercise in all. I'm not implying that your cats aren't worth it, you understand, far from it. I did find this site, which explains all the ins and outs, if you don't already know them, and let me know if I can help you further.

http://www.petexports.co.uk/australia.html

Best Wishes for the move.

SSue
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Postby ope1rsh » Wed 24 Jan 2007 05:15 GMT

I brought my cat to Sydney, Australia about 10 weeks ago. It cost around £1,500 total. I used www.jets4pets.co.uk who provided a brilliant service. Expect your pet to be in quarantine for 30 days once it arrives in Australia too.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ope1rsh
Free member

Agents

Postby Oreo » Mon 19 Feb 2007 04:19 GMT

I can vouch for Export-A-Pet...they are very reliable and efficient.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Oreo
Free member

Return to Family and Pets