It is currently Wed 19 Sep 2018 07:27 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Paraguay – Quick Quiz
    Paraguay, named after the river that flows centrally through it, is one of just two landlocked countries in the Americas. What else do you know about it?

Flights and travel

Cheapest month to fly UK to Oz?

Here's where to post about travelling through Oz other than by car. (Please use the "Driving in Oz" forum for posts about motoring.)

Cheapest month to fly UK to Oz?

Postby return2oz » Sun 5 Feb 2006 22:10 GMT

Is there a good time to do this monthwise?

Looking at UK summer/Oz winter to make climatising easier.

Cheers
R2O :)
Posted by:
return2oz

Re: Cheapest month to fly UK to Oz?

Postby abcdiamond » Sun 5 Feb 2006 23:27 GMT

Don't know about exact times, but I agree about coming here in the Australian Winter, to allow that time to acclimatise :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
abcdiamond
Free member

Postby SSue » Sat 11 Feb 2006 23:28 GMT

Pop into any travel agents for the fare tarriffs.......there's a big difference in prices between winter and summer months whichever way you're flying. You often get great discounts for winter months, but these usually cover return airfares, not one way. Still worth a try though.

Our autumn starts in March, winter starts June, and spring is September.

SSue 8)
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Postby lholmes » Wed 1 Mar 2006 11:44 GMT

I booked my flight home yesterday and paid a tiny £350 which includes tax! I was expecting to pay around £450-500 for my flight so I am EXTREMELY happy!

My lovely travel agent from Flight Centre called me first thing to tell me about the deal which is with Malaysian Airlines and stops only once for 2 hours in Kuala Lumpar and arrives in Brisbane. I think that the flights are from the 25th of April to the 27th of April so if you are looking to travel at this time and heading to Brisbane, you should call a travel agency of your choice now and ask about the deal.

If you don’t plan on going at this time you should book with an airline that has plenty to keep you occupied (TV’s on the back of the chairs etc) because its' a LONG flight. :shock:

Cheers and good luck!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lholmes
Free member

Return flight to London before 20 Jan 2010 from Perth

Postby geotechnical » Fri 14 Aug 2009 05:38 GMT

Hi, anyone know of any cheap flight from Perth-London return between Sept 2009 and 20 Jan 2010?

Best to utilise the overly long OZ Xmas holidays which was a deadly 2 weeks last year 08/09. But if any cheap flight becomes available outside this period, it will be worth cosidering.

AirAsia in the Wednesday paper claime that there is offer from Perth-London return for AUD546, but it i could not find it on their website. Must be another of their gimmicky marketting approach.

Any good deal, please let me know. I am travelling alone, so it will be easy to get on any cheap and cheerful flight.
Posted by:
geotechnical

Postby SSue » Sat 15 Aug 2009 14:04 GMT

I have a friend who is flying Air Asia, Sydney to London return in October, and is paying $1299 which is a great price. She's had it booked a while now though.
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Perth-London return

Postby geotechnical » Mon 17 Aug 2009 10:13 GMT

Thank you SSue. Airasia price does not seem really that cheap considering it is a budget airline. Have you ever come across any cheaper flight to london/Perth?
everyone else is saying there are discounts from major airlines like RBA, MAS, SIA, etc, but they all seem to remain the same.
This is my first time returning to London from Australia for a visit back there, so am not too sure if they are really much more expensive over Xmas say, 20Dec09-12 Jan10.
Would you have more ideas regarding the Perth-London-Perth route?
Posted by:
geotechnical

Postby peterj » Mon 17 Aug 2009 20:05 GMT

$1299 is a great price for a return. Absolutely best we could do last Nov was £1749 with Asiana, and that was after a huge amount of searching looking over a long travel window. My daughter had to travel from the UK twice a year from 04 to 06, and those ranged from $1350 - $2100. The most expensive were always Dec/Jan.

One tip is to make use of Flight Centre's price beat promise, if they still do it, to get the last few $'s off.

There aren't that many flights from Perth, so I'd consider looking at other cities too and adding on your own connecting flight with one of the budget domestic carriers. If you do that though, remember to check the domestic luggage costs/allowances etc.
Posted by:
peterj
Free member

Postby SSue » Tue 18 Aug 2009 03:36 GMT

Yes $1299 is the best price I've ever seen in recent years, and all seats are snapped up instantly at that price. When you consider that the normal everyday price is around $2500 upwards, it's dirt cheap.

Have never taken much notice of prices starting from other states, so can't comment.
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Postby peterj » Tue 18 Aug 2009 05:58 GMT

SSue wrote:Have never taken much notice of prices starting from other states, so can't comment.

Occasionally there's a decent fare from Adelaide, but usually its well worth the extra cost of getting to Sydney or Melbourne, which seem to usually have the same pricing.

I've occasionally seen a decent fare from Brissie or Perth, but for us the cost/time of getting to either has more than cancelled out the advantage.
Posted by:
peterj
Free member

Postby UkWill » Wed 23 Jul 2014 18:36 GMT

June to August is winter in Australia, that's probably the best time to fly there when it's cooler otherwise the heat will blast you if you first go in summer.
Posted by:
UkWill

Return to Flights and travel