It is currently Sun 25 Oct 2020 22:57 GMT
Change font size

Journalists/TV & Radio Producers/Research Students

research comparing Brits with other cultures

We get a lot of requests from journos wanting to interview expats so here's the place to do it. Please, everyone, have a look and see if you can help. (This is for Australia-specific requests only - general requests belong on the main BE Forum. Press releases/adverts will be deleted, so please don't waste our time. Thanks.)

research comparing Brits with other cultures

Postby steven_m » Sun 30 Jul 2006 23:45 GMT

Hi,

My name is Steve, I live in Sydney and am currently studying my honours year in psychology. My research at the moment involves different cultures and the effects that they can have on our learning, and I am very interested in speaking with some people who were born in the UK but who migrated to Australia as teenagers or adults. I just have a few short questions that I need people to answer, but I've had a lot of trouble finding people who were born in the UK, so I wonder if anybody out there would like to help me out by agreeing to participate in my research? If you are interested then just send me a reply and I can send you a little more information.

Thanks,

Steve
Posted by:
steven_m

Postby SSue » Wed 2 Aug 2006 01:00 GMT

Hi steve,

You'll have to include an email address if you want any replies. Newcomers aren't privvy to pm's.

Otherwise the questions can be asked here, for all to see. I came to Sydney as an adult, so I may be able to help.

SSue 8)
Sydney Sue - Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Read all about it! http://www.britishexpat.com/563.0.html
Posted by:
SSue
Supporter

Location: From Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to Sydney, then Port Macquarie NSW Australia

my email address

Postby steven_m » Fri 11 Aug 2006 08:27 GMT

Hi SSue! thanks, oops I hadnt thought about that. My email address is 13177616@student.uws.edu.au It would be fantastic if you could help, I'm located in the Sydney CBD but dont mind travelling a bit if that makes it more convenient for you, or for anybody else who may be able to help me out. Hope to speak with you soon.

Steve
Posted by:
steven_m

Return to Journalists/TV & Radio Producers/Research Students