It is currently Wed 18 Jul 2018 06:57 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Pakistan – Quick Quiz
    It's the ancestral home of nearly one in 50 Britons and the world's only Muslim nuclear power. But what else do you know about Pakistan? Try our Quick Quiz and find out!

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Bosnia or Bust?

Bosnia or Bust?

Postby duncanwil » Wed 29 Jan 2003 08:49 GMT

Dear All,

End of Jan 2003

I'm just finishing a three month stint in Sarajevo. I still have contacts of locals and expats still there if you need info.

Duncan Williamson
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
duncanwil
Free member

Moving to Sarajevo

Postby the browns » Sun 7 Nov 2004 02:33 GMT

We will be relocating from Canada to Sarajevo at the end of November, and we are wondering if you still have expat contacts there. We have three small children, and we are specifically interested in asking questions about schools, availability of certain brands of baby food, and housing. Any help you could provide in making contact with current expats would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks so very much!
Posted by:
the browns

Not now, sorry!

Postby duncanwil » Sun 7 Nov 2004 08:04 GMT

Doesn't time fly? When I wrote in January 2003, everything seemed to be able to last for ever. Since then I have left BiH and just went back for a two week spell on the Adriatic coast to present a seminar in August 2003.

Given the way expats and projects come and go, my contacts have all gone I'm afraid: local and foreign.

I think you'll enjoy your time there since the whole family is going and I know there are many expats there who will ease you into the local community.

Housing is of good quality: loads of flats and houses up to the standards that you would probably aspire to. Don't bet that your favourite baby food will be there: don't bet against it either! However, with fruit and veg so abundant you might be happy to make your own. I don't eat meat or any other animal muscle so I can't comment on its availability and quality.

Assuming you're going with an organisation/business ask them to ask around re baby food if it is a big issue for you and I'm sure you'll find the locals only too willing to help.

As far as I know the area is still peaceful and certainly an attractive place to visit, despite the rumblings in and around Kosovo recently.

Best wishes

Duncan
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
duncanwil
Free member

Return to Bosnia-Herzegovina