It is currently Sun 29 Nov 2020 22:46 GMT
Change font size

Housing/Property in Canada

Move to Cape Breton... we did and we are Loving it!

Old or new? Buy or rent? Dealing with builders, notaries, agents etc? Try here for info. NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Any property ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Move to Cape Breton... we did and we are Loving it!

Postby thepintos » Thu 23 Jun 2011 14:59 GMT

Three years ago my husband was offered a job in Cape Breton.
Growing up on the West Coast, it sounded like a far and distant land, rather than one of the founding communities of Canada... but after some very sweet convincing we decided to take the plunge, and we haven't looked back.

The housing is affordable, you can still get waterfront property for under $300,000 (CDN), you can hike, surf, swim and go to a drive in movie all in one day here! It is epic.

There are many jobs, though a lot of locals seem to be heading "out West" to work.

A few fields that are in demand are the trades, nursing, creative people with small business ideas, tourism ventures...

This area really is the land of opportunity.

We have really enjoyed our time here, so I though I would share it with any people thinking of moving to Canada.
Posted by:
thepintos

Postby Dave » Fri 24 Jun 2011 05:30 GMT

Thanks for sharing your experience - nice to hear from someone who's landed on their feet. :-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Fri 24 Jun 2011 13:59 GMT

I had a brief trip there a few years ago, Cape Breton is truly one of the most beautiful places in Canada with such nice people too.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Housing/Property in Canada