It is currently Sun 17 Jan 2021 18:58 GMT
Change font size

Health and medical matters

will canada except,disabled[back disc removed]if i marry

Let's hope you'll feel better when you've looked in here!

will canada except,disabled[back disc removed]if i marry

Postby donter » Mon 13 Jul 2009 12:24 GMT

hi everyone,i would like some advice on disablity,please

i have a girlfreind in nova scotia and we going to get married[hopefully in canada]and i would like to ask,would canada lets me live with my new bride,if i was unable to work[becuase of my disablity]in nova scotia,

i am 58 years young and my bride-to-be,is 56 years young also,

my bride is working in nova scotia and says,she will support me,would this be possable??and is there anything i can do,to help[like from britain]

any help would be,of great assissance to us,thanking you all in antistapation[sorry about the spelling}....donter :?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
donter
Free member

Postby Graeme » Mon 13 Jul 2009 15:03 GMT

Difficult question, would depend on your level of disability perhaps. I think there would be problems and I strongly suggest that you contact the immigration people at Canada House for their opinion. One of the criteria for entry is that you will not be a draw on the medical services.... :?

Good luck and perhaps you'll get a btetter answer on here as well :?:

Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby donter » Mon 13 Jul 2009 16:13 GMT

thankyou Graeme for your quick reply,i will act on your advice and contact,Canada house,for more information.

i am able to walk and drive,but unable too,take on manual labour
maybe,i could,do some work on the computer,to help with the money side of things......like repairs or advice on the use of?
I have already been to canada and i am,very certain that i would not need to be a drain or need to claim any finance,to live there from the canadian gov,.... :) .

I will let you know,how i get on......thankyou again..donter :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
donter
Free member

Return to Health and medical matters