It is currently Sat 23 Jan 2021 04:54 GMT
Change font size

Health and medical matters

Proving Immunisations

Let's hope you'll feel better when you've looked in here!

Proving Immunisations

Postby Alicat » Fri 6 Nov 2009 11:50 GMT

Hi Guys,

Firstly, apologies to site admin if I should of put this question somewhere else :?

We received an 'Immunisation Record' sheet with our visas for our four children, which needs to be filled out by a medical professional prior to leaving the UK.

My question is........ do you actually get asked to show this form in relation to the children starting school etc etc?

My children have all had every vaccination that has been offered to them to date, but I am experiencing resistance from my GP surgery with regards to the completion of these forms. They have advised that it is not something which they have done before (find that hard to believe) and that they will be making a charge for each one (fair enough) but will not even give me an idea of how much! :x

Just wondered if the documents are really necessary and how often they are required when you first land.

Suppose I should have them done - better to be safe, than sorry!

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Alison
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Alicat
Free member

Postby carolinedraper » Fri 6 Nov 2009 14:23 GMT

All children need to prove vaccinations prior to starting school. Exceptions are made under religous reasons not to vaccinate and if you have allergies to egg etc but then you have to sign a waiver to that effect and the school can still choose not to accept te child.

The Health Unit will accept any vaccination cards that you may have for your children from the UK. We had kept all our vaccination cards from the UK, went to our local Health Unit who entered the details into their computer which in turn allowed us to be a given a green? form that we had to sign and the Health Unit signed that we handed into the school who in turn handed it to the District School Board and thus we were allowed to send our children to school. Doing it this way around cost us nothing.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
carolinedraper
Supporter

Postby jessica » Fri 6 Nov 2009 18:55 GMT

I just brought my "red book" which the health visitors / practice nurses had filled in and the gp here filled in the details for the health unit. If you don't have a gp, then I'd go to your local health unit office with the details. Nothing to stress about, you can start school without the details but they'll chase you up and threaten suspension which is worrying (I had it :wink: ) but ok in the end.
"Cheese is nice and jumping is fun" Libby (age 3)
Posted by:
jessica
Supporter

Postby Alicat » Sat 7 Nov 2009 15:37 GMT

Thank you ladies,

I have dropped the forms which CIC London provided with our passports into my GP and hope that they fill them out. I shall also be bringing my 'red books' as a back up.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Alicat
Free member

Postby carolinedraper » Sat 7 Nov 2009 21:08 GMT

Yes it was my red book that I used. They accept that at the Health Unit and that way it is free.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
carolinedraper
Supporter

Postby sawman » Sun 8 Nov 2009 09:03 GMT

Red book should do it!
Posted by:
sawman
Free member

Return to Health and medical matters