It is currently Thu 21 Nov 2019 16:16 GMT
Change font size

Decisions, decisions...

mixed emotions - no going back!

Have I made the right choice? Homesickness etc.

Postby Lorry » Mon 16 Jul 2007 21:03 GMT

Hi Lisa,

Good luck in selling your house. Fall River is lovely and our 2nd choice house is there. Our 1st choice house which we have just offered on is in Sackville.

See you soon, maybe we can meet up when you get here?

Lorraine :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Postby l i s a » Tue 17 Jul 2007 10:52 GMT

Hi Lorry

I'll let you know as soon as we have a date. It would be great to meet up when we arrive.
Cheers
Lisa
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

fall river

Postby wendy » Sat 21 Jul 2007 00:13 GMT

HI Lisa,
where in fall river are you moving to? We live on the miller lake sub division. When do you expect to be out here? Hoping to meet with Lorraine at the weekend. The weather was lovely, but last few days has been raining and foggy, but i guess nothing like th UK has been having recenlty, hope your not flooded out.
Posted by:
wendy
Free member

Postby l i s a » Sat 21 Jul 2007 14:55 GMT

Hi Wendy and Lorraine

The property is in Fall River Village - Canterbury Lane. We keep having viewings here but still waiting for that offer at the moment.

Hope you two are having a good weekend and the weather has picked up for you.

So far we are OK and keeping relatively dry here thanks.

Hope to see you soon.
Lisa
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

fall river

Postby wendy » Sun 22 Jul 2007 11:47 GMT

Hi Lisa,

canterbury lane is a nice area, my friend Amy lives at 251(i think) she moved over from UK a while ago and has 2 little girls. Do you have any children? I have a 6 year old son who loves his life here.
I'm off to meet Lorraine for a coffee at Bedford mall this morning.
We had lots of rain yesterday, but clearing up now, today is supposed to be lovely. Hope all that rain has stopped there. My parents live in Hatfield Herts. I was born in Enfield London, are you from essex? I used to love Romford market, don't have markets like that here.
Posted by:
wendy
Free member

Postby l i s a » Sun 22 Jul 2007 12:29 GMT

Hi Wendy

Well, hopefully we are one step closer today as we had an offer on our house - we are still negotiating but looking good.

We have one son, Lucas, who turned 2 in June, and are working on extending the family :wink: Any info on pre-school activities would be welcome as I hope to get out and about with him when we finally get there.

We currently live in Billericay, Essex. OH and I grew up here since ages of 8 and 12. We moved around quite a bit but ended up back here somehow. I used to go to Romford market with my mum but haven't been for a few years now.

We are hoping to land sometime in Sept.
Speak soon.
Lisa
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

fall river

Postby wendy » Sun 22 Jul 2007 13:03 GMT

Hi Lisa,

that won't take long to come around, few months away. Hope the house sale goes through good luck. How old will your son be when you arrive? I am opening a preschool and afterschool center in Waverley, just about 2 mins out of fall river. Have to be 3 years old to start though. Although in fall river there is a daycare sunshine academy they take kids from 18months upwards, but have to commit to 4 full days. Really depnds on where you buy and settle. There are lots of inhome daycares in fall river, also another preschool where i was director for a year, again have to be 3. Now I am going for opening my own. It's called Wendy's Neverland,I have had lots of preschool interest, now need the school age kids. Time will tell i guess.
Posted by:
wendy
Free member

Postby l i s a » Sun 22 Jul 2007 13:08 GMT

Also, Hi Lorraine
Sorry for butting in on your thread! How are you getting on with house purchase?
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

Postby Lorry » Sun 22 Jul 2007 20:01 GMT

Hi Lisa,

Great thanks, the survey went well and it's full steam ahead for the 13th August.

You will love it here, I'm sure. We have no regrets.

See you soon :D
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Postby l i s a » Sun 16 Sep 2007 17:33 GMT

Hi Lorraine and Wendy

Just thought I'd let you know that we have booked our flights for 25th Oct to land. House sale is going through fine. So much to do all at once now - so it seems.

Lorraine - how's the house? Settled in now?

Would still love to meet up sometime when we've landed. I'll keep in touch.
Lisa
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

Postby Lorry » Mon 17 Sep 2007 12:48 GMT

Hi Lisa,

Well done.
Your last few weeks will be totally hectic, I was running round loads, no chance to sit down.

Yes, we are settled here in our new home. We absolutely made the right choice in coming here. Our neighbours are brilliant, so friendly and welcoming. They have BBQs or Bonfires here every weekend, so our social life is great. We chat, eat and drink while the kids play.
I don't feel lonely at all as there is always someone about and something to do. The kids have settled great in their schools and love it here.

Contact me when you arrive and are settled and we'll meet up.

:D :D :D
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Postby l i s a » Wed 10 Oct 2007 20:32 GMT

Hi Lorry

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - yes it has been and still is manic here!

Now we have confirmed completion date it's all booking, canceling, paying off etc...

Other good news is that OH has a job interview on the 30th Oct, just after we arrive which we are really pleased about. Means we may not have to live off savings for too long!?! :lol: (And I can be a lady of leisure for a while).

The house and new friends sound great. I'll definitely be in touch when we have landed to arrange a meet up.

Back to the grind for now ........
See you soon.
Lisa
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

fao wendy

Postby cmseasman » Sat 13 Oct 2007 15:12 GMT

Hi

I have read your previous posts you have set up preschool playgroups where you have moved to is that easy to do in Canada.

I am a qualified Nursery Nurse and have been for 16 years currently own 2 nurseries and we are looking to emigrate in 2 years hopefully to the Toronto area . I have thought about setting up daycare of some sort when we arrive. Just wondering about legislation over there?

Thanks
Christine
Posted by:
cmseasman
Free member

Postby Lorry » Sat 13 Oct 2007 16:30 GMT

Hi Lisa,

Good luck with the end part, it is a nightmare.

See you when you get here

Lorraine :D
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Postby Lorry » Mon 3 Dec 2007 18:20 GMT

Hi Lisa,

I was wondering if you got here OK and how you're settling in.

Please write and let me know.

Oh, p.s - I hope you're enjoying the lovely weather..... minus 9 with 30 cms of snow predicted for today? LOL
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

PreviousNext

Return to Decisions, decisions...