It is currently Tue 19 Nov 2019 12:53 GMT
Change font size

Decisions, decisions...

mixed emotions - no going back!

Have I made the right choice? Homesickness etc.

Postby l i s a » Sun 13 Jan 2008 02:26 GMT

Hi Lorry

Sorry for the delay - just checked this site for first time in ages. Things have been manic as I am sure you will be familiar with!

We are here.... Yeah!

Arrived 25th Oct
Moved into house 31st Oct
OH got job 15th Nov
Container delivered 22nd Nov
OH Started job 10th Dec
Christmas
New Year

OMG where did those 11 weeks go?

Well we love it, and have to keep pinching ourselves.

I'm a SAHM at the moment so it would be great to meet up when you have time, just let me know.

Hope you are still loving it and the house is great etc.

Take Care
Lisa
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

number

Postby wendy » Sun 13 Jan 2008 12:21 GMT

HI lisa,

good to see you and Lorraine at the Wilson's house. Did you meet each other that night? Lisa i haven't got your number it was on an expat pm but i deleted it without writing it down. I'm glad your liking it here and settling in, your little boy Lucas seems to be doing well. I will give you both a call soon and get together for a coffee, maybe we can meet in bedford. With the business now getting busier mornings are out for me, so either afternoon or weekends.
How did your first christmas's go for you in Canada? More snow on the way this week, what fun!!
chat soon
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
wendy
Free member

Postby Lorry » Sun 13 Jan 2008 15:18 GMT

Hi Wendy and Lisa,

Lisa, were you at Mike and Orlas party?
We were there. How strange, we never met you.
I'm glad you are loving it here.

We have settled really well and are also busy. We are just about to decorate both the girls bedrooms, can't wait to get them sorted out.

We will all definately have to meet up. Afternoons are good for me.

Hope to see you both soon. :D
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Postby l i s a » Wed 16 Jan 2008 13:11 GMT

Hi Wendy and Lorraine

Ha Ha

Who says there are too may Brits in Fall River and surrounding area, we go to the same party and don't even meet! :lol: I was just there with Lucas as Anthony as ill so I just stuck with who I knew and didn't mingle enough and the evening seemed to go really quick too.

Wendy - glad the business is going well, I have pointed a couple of people in your direction and they seem impressed. I have been meaning to call as I woukld like to come for a look round too. Lucas is not 3 until June but he desparately needs some more stimulation as he is used to nursery in the UK.

Lorraine - so pleased to hear you have settled well. When do all these boxes finally go? I had such plans but we still have a few around the place :oops:

I would definitely like to meet up soon, apart from Mon PM when we have swimming I am free anytime. How about in the next week? Which PM is best for the both of you? I'm on 576 2959 if you prefer to call than post.

Speak soon.
Lisa
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

meet up

Postby wendy » Sat 2 Feb 2008 11:38 GMT

Hi lisa
will give you a call this weekend and we can discuss a date to meet up, Lorraine, can't find your number, have your email not number though. We can get a few other mums in the area to meet up would be good.
Posted by:
wendy
Free member

Postby l i s a » Sat 2 Feb 2008 13:33 GMT

Hi Sounds good. Happy to have meet up at mine, just need to get names and numbers together. Speak later. :D
Posted by:
l i s a
Free member

Postby Lorry » Sat 2 Feb 2008 14:20 GMT

Hi Wendy and Lisa,

Sorry I haven't called, been hectic the last few days.

Please email me with dates and I will try and be there.

:D
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Postby TrinnyV » Tue 5 Feb 2008 20:11 GMT

Hello All!

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, it has really made me smile today and got me excited about our planned move to NS later this year. We're looking at Fall River/Bedford/Sackville area, and will be bringing our daughter with us, who will be around 2 when we arrive so at some point in the future I may have to get in touch re child care!

Trinny
Posted by:
TrinnyV
Free member

childcare

Postby wendy » Sun 10 Feb 2008 11:45 GMT

Hi,
when are you coming to canada? If you look around Fall river i am sure you will like it. We have been here for nearly 3 years now and love it. Our 7 yr old son has become so canadian, he just loves his life here.
Let me know if you need childcare when you arrive, I am sure i could help you out.
Have you heard of www.kijiji.ca if you look on this site in halifax and put in babysitters/childcare you will find my centre advertised on there.

good luck with your move.
Posted by:
wendy
Free member

Postby TrinnyV » Wed 13 Feb 2008 20:28 GMT

We are hoping to visit in April/May time, then move as soon as we can sell up over here! The biggest delay for us is getting the building work finished on our UK home as we can't sell it until it is signed off by the council.

I will certainly be in touch about childcare nearer the time, have put that site into my favourites. Thanks very much!
Posted by:
TrinnyV
Free member

Postby Lorry » Sun 6 Jul 2008 11:50 GMT

Hi all,

We are celebrating our first year in Nova Scotia today!!! :D

It has been a hectic year after the move. We bought a new house and new car. Hubby got a good job the first week we arrived. I am now working in a Travel Agency which I love. The kids are settled and loving school.

I have to say that moving to Canada is the best thing I have ever done and have no regrets.
In my first post on this thread I was very apprehensive as we were taking a leap of faith coming here to NS, but I'm so glad we did! :D

Good luck to all who are going through the process, it is worth the wait.

:D :D :D
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Previous

Return to Decisions, decisions...