It is currently Tue 19 Nov 2019 12:34 GMT
Change font size

Decisions, decisions...

should we?

Have I made the right choice? Homesickness etc.

should we?

Postby lahow » Thu 23 Aug 2007 09:19 GMT

We are nearly at the end of our visa application, just waiting for the passport request. When we went to put the house on the market and explained our situation to the estate agent he said ' yes, this country ( uk ) is finished isn't it ' it took us by surprise a bit, but basically that's why we are going, just look at the news, read the papers, especially if you have children it should be a no brainer, just go and don't look back, I am going to feel sorry for the people we leave behind.
If it does go horribly wrong you can always come back.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lahow
Free member

Postby Lorry » Thu 23 Aug 2007 11:56 GMT

Hi Iahow,

Believe me, once you are here, you won't want to 'go back'.
Where are you going to in Canada?

Good luck :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Lorry
Free member

Postby lahow » Thu 23 Aug 2007 12:19 GMT

We are going to PEI, yes I know it's not everybodys choice but we have been 3 times already and have lots of friends already who can't wait for us to get there, they do love the English ( Royalty and Coronation Street ).
Have also been to Toronto, loved it. Montreal, got lost in the car, very French. Halifax, also loved it & would live there. :wink:
Posted by:
lahow
Free member

Postby Buddyboy » Wed 24 Oct 2007 21:27 GMT

You will love Prince Edward Island. The pace is slower, there is room for everyone beyond your wildest dreams, the climate is nice and the people are wonderful. Provided you can make a living you've got it made.

As for feeling sorry for those you left behind, that's something you'll have to get used to once you live in Canada. The more I see of my country of birth (England) the more I feel sorry for them. Half my large family has emigrated. It seems if they can get out, they do.

Good luck. Don't look back.
Posted by:
Buddyboy
Supporter

Postby Graeme » Thu 25 Oct 2007 01:20 GMT

the climate is nice

Ever been there mid-winter, Brrrrrr
Colder than charity, windy and snowy, not my idea of nice, great if you like the snowmobiles.
Summer is pleasant though albeit short. Everyone I know from the UK who has lived there, loves it and all their UK visitors seem to agree. There's quite the queue forming to move there.
:)

Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

not long now

Postby lahow » Wed 31 Oct 2007 08:00 GMT

Should be in PEI early December if all goes to plan.
Can't wait to get started settling in to our new life, finding job and school for the kids will be first on list.
Posted by:
lahow
Free member

Return to Decisions, decisions...