It is currently Sun 17 Nov 2019 17:17 GMT
Change font size

Decisions, decisions...

Cannot believe I am saying this but - uk????

Have I made the right choice? Homesickness etc.

Postby deppfan64 » Mon 18 Jan 2010 11:05 GMT

Hi Caroline

I haven't been on the site for a while and so was really shocked when I read your posting. Congrats on the your great baby news by the way!!

I think it is hard on the children re missing their grandparents. My father in law passed away last weekend and my 9 year old hasn't seen him since he was 4 years old...and so didn't feel the sense of loss, which was just heartbreaking for us all. Mum in law has severe alzhimers so when my poor hubby goes back for the funeral she is not going to know who is he is.
It's hard leaving parents as both of ours were fine 4 years ago, but now this has happened.
Our daughter went back for christmas and she has always been "anti canada" in a sense...we pretty much dragged her here when she was 16.
But she was calling me saying it was "time to come home" which really surprised me. She said that the UK would always be part of her but it was part of her past and that Canada was her home.
I too get "very wobbly days" when I want to just go home to English things, but I carry on and it gradually fades.
I think being pregnant must be hard when you are so far from family, but you sound like you have carved out a great life for you and your family.
I know I am late reading your post and that you are feeling better, but I just wanted to give you my support as you have helped me in the past.

Take care

Mal
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
deppfan64
Free member

Previous

Return to Decisions, decisions...