It is currently Sat 11 Jul 2020 15:05 GMT
Change font size

Decisions, decisions...

Need advice, moving back to UK but wanna take Canadian girlf

Have I made the right choice? Homesickness etc.

Need advice, moving back to UK but wanna take Canadian girlf

Postby baz024 » Tue 25 May 2010 00:03 GMT


need advice.

What's the rules between Canada and uk for moving back with girlfriend. Is there a common law visa.
I want her to cone back and have same stuff as normal English people like national insurance card and able to work. Etc.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Posted by:
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon 10 May 2010 17:35 GMT

Postby Dave » Tue 25 May 2010 01:18 GMT

Baz, as you're asking about returning from Canada to the UK I think this question really belongs on our main forum (try the Repatriation board - the information you're looking for is likely to apply to people all over the world, not just Canadians. ;-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 7267
Joined: Tue 21 Jan 2003 15:04 GMT
Location: Currently UK

Postby mprezza700 » Fri 24 Dec 2010 07:12 GMT

Hi Baz,

You can take your girlfriend under partner visa or fiancee visa.
If you plan to get married, you must request a 6 month entry clearance during which time she cannot work in the UK. You need the visa even though Canadians don't normally need a visa to travel to the UK. Read more here ... /partners/

Let me know how it goes
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Free member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri 24 Dec 2010 07:07 GMT
Location: Toronto

Return to Decisions, decisions...