It is currently Sat 18 Nov 2017 03:00 GMT
Change font size

ICT and electrical

English TV in Spain

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

English TV in Spain

Postby PizzaManHarry » Thu 11 Mar 2010 13:11 GMT

I am looking for a method of watching British TV in spain.

I have recently moved to the Benidorm area and after speaking with some local expats about the prospect of getting Sky, I realsied it is not going to be possible, as I no longer have a UK address to attach the account to.

Can anybody think of any other ways of recieving such a service?
Preferably over the internet so I dont not have to fit an 11 foot dish on my tiny balcony!

Any help would be much appriciated.

Cheers
Harry
Posted by:
PizzaManHarry

Postby Dave » Thu 11 Mar 2010 13:48 GMT

How odd that two people should join up almost at the same time, one purporting to be in Spain and the other in Australia, both asking about how to get British TV over the internet...

...and both posting from the same computer, in the UK.

They must think we were born yesterday. :roll:

We don't allow spam on this forum. You could have had an advert if you'd been willing to pay the very reasonable fee. As it is, you're barred. Both of you. :lol:
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Thu 11 Mar 2010 14:44 GMT

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't realise that people were still daft enough to try to set up the ancient Q&A trick. Can there be any forum site admin or mod anywhere who would fall for it? The very idea is ludicrous.

Must dash - there's someone in Nigeria who wants to give me millions of dollars.
Kay's Blog - My blog about online business and earning money online.

Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

UK TV in Spain

Postby Basil » Fri 21 Feb 2014 09:24 GMT

Hi I am new here on this forum and just thought I could help a few people. As far as I am aware the whole of southern Spain has lost all BBC and ITv Channels I have found a website that may be of interest.
I have been using it for a few days with no problems. You dont need a proxy server all you need is a broadband connection fast enough to handle video. if you can watch utube odds are that your internet speed is good enough. [Link removed by Site Admin; please read our guidelines. - Dave]
Hope this helps.
Posted by:
Basil

Return to ICT and electrical