It is currently Tue 16 Jul 2019 14:29 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Leisure activities in Spain

Golf Estepona area

Sports, clubs, etc, - try here for info.

Golf Estepona area

Postby Jambo » Thu 18 Oct 2012 09:35 GMT

Hi, my wife and I are renting in Estepona for 3 months from January to March 2013, and as I am a keen golfer, I am looking for some golfers in the area who might like to make up a group for regular play in the area, also if there are any clubs there that offer a 3 month playing deal?
My wife will be horse riding, and does not golf..... :D
Posted by:
Jambo

Postby daniel1529 » Fri 19 Oct 2012 22:51 GMT

Jambo,just joined but seems like yours is the newest post and the others around 50BC.......I wanted to find out about moving to the benidorm area but looks like there is nobody home? or am I just useless on these forum type sites.suerte dani
Posted by:
daniel1529

Estepona

Postby Jambo » Sat 20 Oct 2012 08:10 GMT

Hi, wasn't on line at the time you MSG me, I am painting the kitchen!
We are just renting for 3 months to basically have a look round, we have been there short term, but don't want to jump from that straight into buying, bearing in mind that buying in Spain is easy, but selling is impossible.
We are also concerned about social activities too, so will give us a good insight.
You?
Posted by:
Jambo

Postby daniel1529 » Sat 20 Oct 2012 16:22 GMT

Well,I am thinking of relocating,as they call it,I have a base camp in southern england but have been living in argentina for coming up 7 years.I had a couple of visits back to blighty in the last two years,not cause I miss it.....i DON'T.Circumstances change so maybe its time
for a new challenge as I have become part of the over 60's now....senility is around the esquina...haha....perhaps a little closer to home is on the cards?I prefer living in SA and could well try somewhere else this way,not sure what to do at the moment.As the summer starts
in December I am happy to hang around here,the summer is very nice with lots of good sunny days.
I would be interested to see how you get on and if you could pass on any tips and experiences would be nice.nos vemos Dani
Posted by:
daniel1529

Estepona

Postby Jambo » Sat 20 Oct 2012 17:43 GMT

OK, I will let you know.
James
Posted by:
Jambo

Postby daniel1529 » Sat 20 Oct 2012 22:22 GMT

Cheers.Whats your reasons for the need to leg it?Have you found any other sites to interact with expats in spain?there are some good ones here with lots of info for new and established people but It seems somewhat lacking in spain which is amazing,seeing there are so many brits out there.suerte Dani
Posted by:
daniel1529

Postby Kay » Tue 23 Oct 2012 13:09 GMT

Daniel1529,

Welcome to our forum. However, I think you might do better if you stop being so negative about this place and perhaps do something more positive.

If people only come here to complain about how bad our forum is, then how do you think it's going to get any better? This is a free service we are giving to you. It's mostly a thankless task anyway, but when all we get is complaints it's worse than thankless - it's more like a miserable task.

Please try to remember that we are not faceless automatons. We're people too. You wouldn't go into someone's house and start criticising loudly about what you found there. (Or perhaps you would!) So why come on here to our place and start slagging it off? No one is asking you to be here. You are free to come and go as you wish. If you don't like it here, you're free to go elsewhere.

A better solution would be to add something positive to the place. Help people instead of complaining things are not as you wish.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby daniel1529 » Tue 23 Oct 2012 13:29 GMT

Kay,well thanks you for the welcome.Seems to me that if you have to defend a forum it's in big trouble with out me having a pop!!!I have experience in other forums and they are all much,much better than this....which I find rather strange as to why you call if a forum with no contributors....maybe you should change the name to soloum or very rarelyum....haha I see this Jimbo bloke and now you,so are all the others lying dormant??on a positive note....if you or a person on this "forum" need some info on moving/living in Argentina I will only be to happy to put them in the picture....btw,thanks for the info on Spain,very enlightening!!!!!!!!surete Daniel
Posted by:
daniel1529

Postby Kay » Tue 23 Oct 2012 13:43 GMT

As I already said:

If you don't like it here, you're free to go elsewhere.

All you need to do is click away. We are providing a free service for you - take it or leave it. I don't go into Marks & Sparks and complain because it doesn't have the same range as BHS.

I don't go into a bar and complain it's quieter than I'd like. I would just leave if I didn't like what's on offer.

Why do you seem to think you have a right to come on here and moan about the place? If you don't like it here, then please go away. We prefer to be surrounded by more positive people. OK, so it hasn't happened on our Spain forum. No worries. It takes up less of our time, which we don't get paid for anyway.

Go and find somewhere else that's quiet and go and bleat about it on there. I'm sure you can find lots of quiet places to fill your days complaining about how quiet they are.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Leisure activities in Spain