It is currently Thu 12 Dec 2019 13:00 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Poland

Opole...and lonely.

Opole...and lonely.

Postby Mindlink » Sun 6 Apr 2003 15:44 GMT

:oops: Hi Everyone!
I'm a 54-year-old Canadian living in Opole while teaching English. Unfortunately, most of the people I work with (although they are great folk) are a bit younger and less interested in anything other than techno music and going to the pub until 5 a.m.

I'd be dead chuffed if I could meet someone (male or female) who'd like the odd day-trip to see some sights or long chats in Pod Arkadami. I'm usually in there after school (8:30 p.m.) or on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. Just look for the tall woman with short, dark blonde hair who's smoking Chesterfield Lights and drinking coffee from a mug, rather than a teeny-tiny Polish cup. I might have reading glasses on, or I could conceivably be with some of the younger teachers, but please approach and say "So you're Roxana, the Canajun, Eh?" I'd love to trade stories with you or explore a bit if the city. :wink:
Posted by:
Mindlink

Postby Hajo » Sun 6 Apr 2003 18:43 GMT

Hi Roxana,

I'll be on a business trip to Warsaw on May 12/13 (dates might still change) and wanted to include a sidetrip to Krakow, Katowice or Wroclaw either on the weekend before that or on May 14 (Wednesday).

I'm always interested in visiting new places down there. If I remember correctly, Wroclaw, Katowice and Krakow are all less than 100km from Opole. So if you are interested, we could meet in any of these places.

And although I am considerably younger (31), I do prefer exploring an old city centre, castle or museum, or trying a new restaurant, a lot over listening to techno music. :D

My travel articles about Krakow (http://britishexpat.com/travelhajo/hajosworld.htm) also need some updating.

Let me know if you are interested, which dates would fit, and which city you would suggest.

Hajo 8)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Hajo
Free member

Aww, darn

Postby Mindlink » Mon 7 Apr 2003 11:58 GMT

Sorry, Hajo, but I am teaching from Monday noon to Friday at 8:30 p.m., so May 12-13 wouldn't work ..... I wish it would. :cry: I would love to meet you, especially since it appears you are a travel writer. I'm a jaded ole newspaper editor turned didactic! Please tell me a little about you. Perhaps we could meet the weekend before????? (May 10-11)

Thanks so much for writing back. ................Roxana
Posted by:
Mindlink

Postby Hajo » Tue 8 Apr 2003 10:06 GMT

Hi Roxana,

I hope we can arrange something for the weekend you mentioned. May is filling up quickly with appointments, but I'll try to keep May 11th reserved for this. It also depends on flight arrangements etc. Plus I need to get that contract signed tomorrow for the deal with Poland - keep your fingers crossed!

I'll send you a private message with my email details. Let's take it from there.

Greetings to Silesia!

Hajo
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Hajo
Free member

Postby Graeme » Thu 15 Sep 2005 03:35 GMT

It's two years since the posts above, but I'm curious. Did it all work out? Did Hajo meet Roxana; if they did meet how was it? What did they do, where did they go? So many questions but no answers. Did they meet up and spend their evenings listening to techno music 'til 5 am? Probably not, but we have no evidence to dispute it? What happened, can any one tell me?
:?

:)
Graeme
(trying to breathe life into the Poland part of the board :) )
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Poland