It is currently Tue 10 Dec 2019 09:53 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Poland

Moving to Poland knowledge required

Moving to Poland knowledge required

Postby compton65 » Sun 20 Aug 2006 02:17 GMT

Hi guys and girls, hopefully someone already in Poland ideally around Warsaw can point me in the right direction.

At the moment I have a Polish girlfriend here in the UK but with the prices going up and up we cannot afford to live here much longer.

We are planning for me to go back with her to Poland and start a new life within the next 5 years and was wondering if you can give me some pointers about employment ie finding a job.

My polish is still in the learning stage but hopefully within 5 years I can hold a conversation with the girlfriend. At the moment I am a tyre fitter and I live in council property which obviously I would have to give up.

Does anybody know of any skill shortage over there that I might be able to find employment in, I'm not a builder, doctor or a lawyer or a baker, just an ordinary guy that needs to put food in his mouth.

If there are other things I should find out about etc etc please do mention them.
Posted by:
compton65

Postby JonathanUK » Sun 11 Nov 2007 13:50 GMT

I have purchased an interesting publicaiton [advert removed by Site Admin].

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jonathan.
Posted by:
JonathanUK

Postby charlie2483 » Sat 24 Oct 2009 18:45 GMT

Hi have you moved over here yet let me know
Posted by:
charlie2483

Return to Poland