It is currently Wed 18 Sep 2019 07:46 GMT
Change font size

Opinions/Politics

Sleep well...

Some people like to talk politics, others don't. I've made a separate forum so you can post if you want or ignore it if you don't. Hope this is an acceptable compromise.

Sleep well...

Postby Hajo » Mon 17 Mar 2003 22:41 GMT

...it might be last night before TVs around the world will deliver live to billions of homes the brandnew motion picture Hope Allah is wearing Kevlar, a joint Bush, Blair & Aznar production, brought to you by Chevron, the official sponsor of World War III.

Just wanted to say that the resignation speech Robin Cook delivered to the House of Commons tonight was the best speech I've heard from a British politician in the past ten years.

Hope I'm not getting too political for this forum.

Hajo :cry:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Hajo
Free member

Postby chabrenas » Wed 19 Mar 2003 19:01 GMT

There are many times when I don't see eye-to-eye with either Robin Cook or Clare Short, but politicians who show integrity will always get a clap from me. Contrast US Senator Kerry's recent effort - when an investigative journalist found out that he was Jewish, not Irish, on his father's side, he promptly told everybody how happy he was to make this exciting discovery (while talking to a Jewish audience). He should have been a TV evangelist (or maybe he was). ...and his campaign team say that, although this was an embarrassment, it shouldn't affect his chances of running for President.

No further comment needed.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Postby Mike » Wed 19 Mar 2003 23:59 GMT

Hajo, I couldn't agree more.

Mind you, if Robin Cook had been in Holyrood rather than Westminster, he would be hero rather than villain.

Nuff said.
Mike.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Return to Opinions/Politics