It is currently Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:57 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Laos – Quick Quiz
    Historic "Land of a Million Elephants" and target of more tons of bomb per head than any other country ever, Laos has seen a lot in its time. What do you know about it?

Opinions/Politics

The referendum made simple

Some people like to talk politics, others don't. I've made a separate forum so you can post if you want or ignore it if you don't. Hope this is an acceptable compromise.

The referendum made simple

Postby Kay » Wed 2 Mar 2016 08:48 GMT

The BBC has a useful article which explains all about the referendum and answers some of the frequently asked questions.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Re: The referendum made simple

Postby DavidH » Wed 2 Mar 2016 10:21 GMT

Excellent Kay!

Well worth a visit as it covers a great many points.

As we know there are the known knowns and the known unknowns, the worry, as always, are the unknown unknowns. :?
'Don't cry because it came to an end, smile because it happened.' - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Thank you for our lifetime together.....In loving memory of Chris Green
Posted by:
DavidH
Supporter

Re: The referendum made simple

Postby Kay » Wed 2 Mar 2016 11:06 GMT

Thanks, David. Despite being politically active when I was younger, I find it hard these days to take an interest in all the shenanigans, and it's hard to tell the parties apart sometimes. They all seem the same, although perhaps Corbyn is a bit different.

However, this is a very important issue, especially for expats, and I thought the article pretty much got me up to speed on the situation. I know how I'm going to vote! Mind you, it doesn't affect Dave and me personally too much from the work/travel point of view. If the UK leave the EU, we'll still have our Irish/EU passports.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Opinions/Politics