It is currently Sun 24 Mar 2019 05:25 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!
    Kay and Dave would like to wish all our readers with Irish connections a very happy St Patrick's Day!

Opinions/Politics

Skepacabra

Some people like to talk politics, others don't. I've made a separate forum so you can post if you want or ignore it if you don't. Hope this is an acceptable compromise.

Skepacabra

Postby Dave » Sat 21 Mar 2009 09:49 GMT

Kay pointed me in the direction of the Skepacabra blog

It's an interesting and generally well written blog which seeks to promote sceptical and enquiring thought about unfounded pseudo-scientific, philosophical and religious claims. It's primarily about the various debates in the US, but isn't limited to just that - for instance, there's quite a lot about the bad science behind the MMR triple vaccine scare. Worth a read at least; worth a bookmark if you're into that sort of thing.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby gozomark » Sat 21 Mar 2009 12:38 GMT

just my sort of website :D
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sat 21 Mar 2009 15:47 GMT

Science based medicine http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org
is a great blog which I enjoy reading. It debunks all the 'woo' out there in the medical world. It debunks homeopathy, chiropractic, naturopathy, acupuncture, colonic irrigations etc and also shows the idiocy behind the 'autism is caused by inoculation' movement. Worth a look in my opinion.
:)
Graeme

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't get the url tags to work right for me..I think I need to go back to 'puter skool.

Edit by site admin
(You had a close url tag at the start, "[/url]")
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Opinions/Politics