It is currently Sun 24 Mar 2019 17:13 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!
    Kay and Dave would like to wish all our readers with Irish connections a very happy St Patrick's Day!

Opinions/Politics

Fertility and intelligence

Some people like to talk politics, others don't. I've made a separate forum so you can post if you want or ignore it if you don't. Hope this is an acceptable compromise.

Fertility and intelligence

Postby Kay » Sun 7 Mar 2010 15:42 GMT

I stumbled across this in the course of reading a discussion on another forum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertility_and_intelligence

I must admit it amused me as most of the thickest people we know seem to breed like rabbits. :twisted:
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Tue 30 Mar 2010 09:52 GMT

Pseudo-science and crap statistics.

Within that Wikipedia article there is a statement that education and IQ are closely correlated. Also, a bit of implied post hoc reasoning - there is no indication of a causal relationship between IQ and 'fertitlity'.

In any [not many :roll: ] case, weren't they measuring fecundity rather than fertility?

But you're right - thickies breed like rabbits. Why isn't the human population becoming less intelligent?
Last edited by ruggie on Wed 31 Mar 2010 14:18 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby CustomStrat » Wed 31 Mar 2010 02:07 GMT

Or maybe it's just that thickies breed like rabbits because a) they've got nothing better to do with their spare time, like read or educate themselves and b) they're too lazy and/or stupid to practice contraception...
I'm not afraid to die; I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Postby Kay » Wed 31 Mar 2010 07:54 GMT

Or maybe they believe in some fairy tale of a religion which forbids them to use contraception. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby CustomStrat » Wed 31 Mar 2010 23:59 GMT

Kay wrote:Or maybe they believe in some fairy tale of a religion which forbids them to use contraception. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That's where the stupid part comes in... :wink:
I'm not afraid to die; I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Thu 1 Apr 2010 12:32 GMT

I seem to remember reading that there is a positive correlation between believe in religion and stupidity.....
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Thu 1 Apr 2010 17:44 GMT

The Cathares had the right idea. Self-extermination seemed to be their goal - without taking the rest of the world with them.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Return to Opinions/Politics