It is currently Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:03 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Laos – Quick Quiz
    Historic "Land of a Million Elephants" and target of more tons of bomb per head than any other country ever, Laos has seen a lot in its time. What do you know about it?

Opinions/Politics

Climate change

Some people like to talk politics, others don't. I've made a separate forum so you can post if you want or ignore it if you don't. Hope this is an acceptable compromise.

Climate change

Postby englishmaninmosc » Tue 10 Aug 2010 03:43 GMT

I am a Brit living in Moscow. Its a very dirty city chocked with cars and we now have fires. The city is in thick dirty smog full of C02. The city is chocked with cars and stinks. We cannot leave the flat or open the windows.

We are seeing the weather changing accross the world, floods, fires, heat, wind etc and yet the politicians still wont act. They refuse to agree and refuse to compromise to the poor countries who suffer the most.

What are they waiting for mass deaths world wide? more than we have seen now?

For anyone who has kids, we should all be very worried, when our kids are in their 30's (that have been born in the last few years), life for them will be horrible and worse than it us for us now.

It worries me so much! Join any grass root movement and vote for political parties that see it is an issue before its too late.

Sorry to say these things and I know its not popular to say these things but we really cant burry our heads in the sand anymore!! :( :shock:

Anyone agree and whats it like where you live?
Posted by:
englishmaninmosc

Return to Opinions/Politics