It is currently Mon 22 Jul 2019 05:43 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Opinions/Politics

Immigrants show what community means

Some people like to talk politics, others don't. I've made a separate forum so you can post if you want or ignore it if you don't. Hope this is an acceptable compromise.

Immigrants show what community means

Postby ruggie » Thu 11 Aug 2011 09:20 GMT

Read this

and discuss.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Dave » Thu 11 Aug 2011 13:57 GMT

Inevitable that the comments below the article should have been hijacked by BNP sympathisers. I expect one of them picked up on it and passed on a link to all his or her horrible racist cronies.

I suppose it's equally inevitable that the Torygraph's moderators should see no reason to remove the overtly racist comments.

As for the article itself: sure, there are decent people in the various immigrant communities, just as there are scumbags. Shock horror. Likewise, though, there are very few people anywhere who are entirely bad or entirely good. Hitler was very kind to his pet dog. Gandhi used to sleep naked with young women.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Opinions/Politics