It is currently Wed 11 Dec 2019 02:43 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Sweden

will move to sweden soon

will move to sweden soon

Postby ubernova » Tue 22 Jan 2013 00:23 GMT

hi im simon, i work in security( retail at the moment) , i am learning swedish on babbel ( i intend to be conversional by the time we all move, so many brits are language lazy, including me) and work for a swedish security company ( not mentioning any names lol) , i'm hoping my company will help me find permanent work , if i put the effort in my end!

what i'd like to know is things like rent (for a house that'll house a family of 4), utilities bills like (gas , electric, phone, internet ,cable tv etc) , mobile phone bills/tariffs for say a samy s3 on contract.

what are the wages like for security officers (retail, clubs etc) in sweden and would myself and my family be better off! i currently earn £27300 with the usual "bite me i work for a living taxes layered ontop", to pay for the " i dont and wont work kindred of the UK and the rest of the world we goto war with".

had enough of the UK but gotta be patient as my wife is training to be a midwife (wages and etc for her against living expenses???, we dont party in clubs so count us out on that, i have viking blood and it's boiling over being here in the UK, i'm truely ashamed of my country and will rescind my passport after 5 years!!!!! time to come till fosterland!!

give me the knowledge!! to add to my hope! i feel like a prisoner striking off the days on the cell wall!!! lol
Posted by:
ubernova

Postby JJ » Tue 22 Jan 2013 11:24 GMT

Welcome to the forum ubernova. As you can see it's pretty quiet but keep checking back from time to time as there are many members who might be able to help you but don't log in that often.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
JJ

Postby ubernova » Sun 10 Mar 2013 23:05 GMT

great forum, NOT. now march 2013, check back from time to time, i dont have years to wait for an educated response do i?!!! are all the british folk here proud brits working in sweden? sorry if im not part of your clan, but i'd still hope you'd respect the fact i need the same information as those wearing union jack boxer shorts!
Posted by:
ubernova

Postby JJ » Sun 10 Mar 2013 23:24 GMT

This is a forum, not a service, and hasn't cost you a penny. You say you 'need' the information but where do you expect the answers to come from?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
JJ

Postby selarity55 » Thu 21 Mar 2013 16:33 GMT

Hi Simon,
Have you already moved or when were you moving?
Its difficult to answer your questions, it all depends on where you are moving to in Sweden, the cities, like Gothenberg and Stockholm are more expensive to rent a place and can even be harder to find a place to rent. However, To rent something in the countryside is a lot cheaper, but further from public transit and most jobs.
Normally the size of the place you are renting, what sort of electricity contract you have will determine the price of your electricity bill. As with a phone bill, depends what company you are with, what plan you want.
Food is quite expensive in Sweden as well, something else to consider.

My BF is also from the UK, and he did work in the security industry as well. They have some different rules in Sweden in regards to licensing for security work etc. They want you to take the security training courses they have here, but they are only in swedish and it says you need to be a swedish citizen to apply for it. You can try and take your uk license to Länstyrelse here, to get it approved but so far we have been unable to get that to work over here. But good luck.
Posted by:
selarity55

Return to Sweden