It is currently Thu 18 Oct 2018 03:45 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?

Choosing Where to Live

Is Shumen Or Sumen a good place to live???

Mountains, sea or cities, Bulgaria has a lot of variety to offer. . . But where to choose? This forum can help!

Is Shumen Or Sumen a good place to live???

Postby 247fosters » Tue 11 Sep 2007 22:32 GMT

Hello Everyone again. I have a few properties in mind around the Shumen (Sumen) area I would seriously like to look at. The description says at the foot of the balkan mountains, Picturesque yet only an hours drive to the coast is this an acuuracte description and whats it like there, How far is the nearest big supermarket ,are there good roads or hells of miles of potholes to be encountered like many places ( I read one guys account of how it took him about an hour and a half to drive eight miles on virtually impassable roads) or is this just another wild exxageration I should ignore!!!!

[Ad removed - you can post an advert on the Adverts board, at just £15 for 90 days. - Dave]

Many Thanks :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
247fosters
Free member

Postby maggiemoo » Tue 14 Dec 2010 14:38 GMT

I too have been looking at Shumen as no one here seems have replied I quess it cant be that great a place .
Posted by:
maggiemoo

Postby thetravelbug » Sun 2 Jan 2011 19:36 GMT

Shumen is a fairly small city basically in the middle of large tracts of agricultural land. There are quite a few Brits in the area and it is only just over an hour from the coast and Varna. Weather in north Bulgaria can be much colder than southern Bulgaria.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
thetravelbug
Free member

Postby Ivanov99 » Sun 25 May 2014 12:28 GMT

Lived about 15km from Shumen for about 5 years. It's a reasonable sized city, I quite like it. On the main road/rail link from Varna to Sofia.
Posted by:
Ivanov99

Return to Choosing Where to Live